• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im Sher and I need help!

To be fat like me

Six Month Post Op
I had a band fitted in October last year and I am sure that I must be doing something wrong. My weight on the day of my op was 23st 7lb and 6 months on I am 21st 12lb.

I was under the impression that once the band was fitted the weight would drop off. I have been filled twice and have a total of 4.5 ml. Please help me, why is the weight not dropping off, I am feeling like I have failed.

Hi Sher,
I am a pre-op bypasser so don't have all the answers you're looking for but I have read a lot on here about it. I think a band requires an awful lot of willpower and work on your part. Maybe you don't have enough restriction yet. I've heard it can take a while for you to get to whats right for you xx

Hi Sher, Don't worry !
It seems to me like you just haven't got the correct fill level yet that's all!
You do have to be very careful about what you eat and it does almost feel like nothing has changed for a while. I'm not one of the fortunate types that had fab restriction almost straight away..it took a year for me to finally get any sense of restriction.
Tell your surgery team that you aren't getting any restriction, they are there to help you succeed not fail!
It might be only one more fill to get the sweet spot!
Also it helps to start a diary on here in the diaries thread. You can write daily what sort of things you are eating and I know people will be happy to offer ideas and suggestions to try and help you get the most out of having a band.
I felt like I was failing at mine too but you will find you can work with it, I know you will.
Main thing is , don't just try and muddle on without asking for help!!
Don't be afraid to say you feel you don't have enough in your band to make a difference.
It won't do everything for you, we all know that (I found out the hard way too) but it will help you stick to a healthier diet when you have the right amount put in it.
Phone your team and discuss what you're experiencing , make sure you brush up on the eating guidelines (eg drier crunchier foods etc, not eating and drinking at the same time etc)
Don't continue to beat yourself up over it! A lot of people on here have felt or are feeling like you and we want to help you sort it xxx Big hugs xxx

Oh sweetie, I'm sure it's just that the band isn't filled to the right level for you yet. Get on to your team and speak to them about another fill :)

I'm a bypasser so have no advice for you, but just wanted to say hello and welcome. if you stick around there are lots of banders that can advise and support you.

It sounds like you need to have another fill.,Finding the right restriction can sometimes be really difficult I had my band in Aug 09 and have had 5 fills since then,I now have 12mls in a 14ml band and my restriction is great......Don't just leave it, get on to your team and get it sorted,once you have the sweetie spot & your heads in the right place the weight will start falling off.....Good luck :) x

good advice from the others you just need more fill in to get a good restriction level x

Thanks for all of your support, but just to add another question into the mix what is this sweet spot that I keep reading about???

I'm a bypasser so have no advice for you, but just wanted to say hello and welcome. if you stick around there are lots of banders that can advise and support you.

Snap and welcome to the site.:)

Back