• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm so hungry

ryanrara

RyanRARA
Well it's day 2 of my pre-op diet and I am so hungry. I am so hungry my head even hurts. And I am not even on the milk one, just low calorie. Yesterday I had:
Breakfast 20g Cornflakes and a banana
Lunch: 2 poched egg and a lice of bread, after some yoghurt (v v small)
dinner: 85 g chicken, lean, no skin, stir fry (no oil) plus 1 v small baby potatoe.
later on an apple
inbetween, some decaf tea with sweetener and shed loads of water.
I managed though I am sooooooo hungry.
But I have told myself it's not a case of can I or cant I do this, its just I have to!! Simple as! And I will!
WHats the story on fruit? Is it just two pieces a day, or can we have more? WHats the calorie intake on fruit>

Cant help you much mate as I did the milk diet, just make sure your drinking plenty of water, and also change the variety if it, make some ice cubes and make a slush puppy etc, give yourself some variety.

im only allowed 1 orange or half a banana or an apple a day ,,,do you not have unlimited items?,i fill up on those , green veg,,i also make a simple veg soup and have that if i feel hungry,,,and loads of liquids,i freeze my yoghart so i can make it last longer ,,,sorry to hear your struggling love , keep going , we are nearly there ! yippee!xxxx,,,

I could have diet drinks on mypre op diet so had lots of diet Pepsi felt like I was having a treat and it helped keep hunger at bay (any thing fizzy is classed as a no-no after surgey ) like others have said if you have free foods fill up on them. Its so worth sticking to the pre op diet so you have full piece of mind you have done all you can to help your surgery go to plan , iv heard of people coming round in hospital to be told there liver was too big to do the op because the diet wasn't followed , that would be anyones worse nightmare, so keep up the good work you will get there very soon and it will be more than worth it x

i agree with rybens the fizzy no sugar drinks really do take the edge off the hunger on the pre op ,and for a sweet fix i have sugar snap peas ,which i find weird as im not allowed peas but am allowed sugar snaps!, they are gorgeous! x

Your head hurting is the withdrawal of carbs I think, but as previously mentioned have plenty of free foods. Salads with no mayo but you ca have vinegar based dressing. M&S do a realyy thick low fat french dressing in the salad section thats really good and filling. Vegetables as long as they are not root chucked in a pan with a couple of stock cubes blitzed into a nourishing, filling soup that you can pick at all day. But leave the fruit to 2 pieces they do contain calories and will clock up. Sugar free jelly, up to pint is allowed usually and it might help if its something sweet you're after.

Try to stay focussed, we're all behind you and it will be so worth it :)

I started the milk diet of my own accord but had the low carb/fat posted to me a cple of days ago. I am sticking with the milk diet though as my diabetes is not too bad. I was soooo hungry last night and since I had only had one yog, I allowed myself a poched egg on toast, which I would be allowed on the diet posted. The weight is falling off :D xx

Make sure you drink plenty of water otherwise you will become dehydrated and that will lead to headaches. Also the water will help reduce the hunger pangs.

I done the milk diet, but just remember whats at the end, beleive me it is worth it, you can do it, we're all behind you, Karen x

Day 2 pre-op slightly better - just hungry! Have stayed away from Fizzy drinks, I am too addicted so need to stop now :) So far better, Had nice fish these eve, all be it very small.
Thanks all for the encouraging words

going in to day 5 pre-op diet, must say I am feeling better. still hungry but coping a lot better. also have a bit of a spring in my step. not sure if it's due to excitement for my op next Friday or maybe my multi-vitamin has kicked in? Dr Youseff also upped my BP tab's. I must say feeling quite perky

Not long to go hun, just think of that date - weekends are probably hard to, 3 weeks and i will be on it :) x

going in to day 5 pre-op diet, must say I am feeling better. still hungry but coping a lot better. also have a bit of a spring in my step. not sure if it's due to excitement for my op next Friday or maybe my multi-vitamin has kicked in? Dr Youseff also upped my BP tab's. I must say feeling quite perky

Probably a combination of all those things, glad you're feeling more positive.....not many sleeps now....we'll start polishing that bench for you :)

Keep going mate!
It hasn't been easy with you doing the night shift and avoiding all those cakes and choccies but you are doing great!

P.S I have already polished a spot on the bench and have put a big bow on it ready for you :D

your doing great love ,, im day 8 of my liver shrinkage,and it is hard ,but great to know each day is a day nearer the op and that that liver is getting smaller , and the weight loss really does feel noticable, i get weighed today ,cant wait to see what has come off in 8 days so far x keep it up! x

day 6 pre-op today, feeling hungry but still feeling good!! I weighed last night fr first time, already lost 2.6kg, well -chuffef

whoo hoo!well done!.its a buzz aint it? lol,,,,,,,and yes i know its all about shrinking the liver , but we can still enjoy the weight loss too !...,,i feel hungry today but i think its cos its colder x,keep on doing what your doing!,

Hi, I was on the milk diet but i was allowed oxo to drink and it did fill me up, so maybe worth a go ? hope it settles soon x

Back