• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im still waiting for my post op diet. Not happy

mollythedogsmum

Anyone got any tips for me in case I don't get my e mail and I go on a sore rampage with hospital and dr. What should I be drinking/ having from tomorrow. Could really do with some advice x x

How far post op are you? I did 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks purée and then 2 weeks soft food.

This is my second day. I am a woman possessed at min. My friend said clear liquids for two days then I can't remember what she said after that. Do I have yogurt? Do I have egg?? I've no idea

Who is your provider? Did you check their website for post op diet guidance? :)

flutterby1966 said:
Who is your provider? Did you check their website for post op diet guidance? :)

I've just had e mail from surgeon and he emailed my dietician last night and I e mailed her today and have nothing. I'm gonna hit the yoghurt x wish me luck

In the days post op, most people are liquid only even if like some providers only have you doing it for a week. It should be the consistency that it can pass up a straw but don't use a straw due to the air it can draw in.

This would then be
~ fruit or vegetable juices
~ semi or skimmed milk
~ blended smoothie to remove any lumps
~ sieved soup to remove any lumps
~ NAS squash, water, tea and coffee
~ thinned down yoghurt/drinking yoghurt

You will find most follow the 2 weeks liquid post op, but certainly only being on the 2nd day :)

You may be ok ~ but maybe worth sticking to runnier liquids until they pull their fingers out. I think its appalling that they haven't given you this information :(

Who is your provider?

Back