• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

In pain!

67jax

Only day 2 and in quite a lots of gas pain, sure this is normal but been in tears quite a few times.
Have somehow managed to rip apart my port site scar so off to see the nurse later!

Sorry to hear that you're suffering with the gas pain. Try picking up some deflatine, cos its a chewable tablet that helps to disperse and you don't need to swallow anything. Also have you tried any peppermint tea?

Hi there - I didnt get wind pain until 3 days post op and it lasted quite a while. Everyone says it but it worked for me - peppermint tea, walking around a lot and windmill arms! Hope it clears up soon. Tracey xxx

Hi jax im nowhere near as bad as you hun i have been having peppermint tea and went walking the dog yesterday and walked her twice today feel alot better for walking around also the nurse told me to get some chewable windez :tear_drop:

did you manage to get some? has it helped?

Yes got some think it has helped a little, feel like I have a chest infection coming, hope it doesn't develop.

Hi jackie, how u feeling today x

My wind pain is on and off. Haven't "been" to the toilet yet, but not eating much. Had 2 slimfast yesterday , milk in coffee and half a cup a soup.

Must admit I wasn't expecting to be sat around still today but think I will be x

feel like I have a chest infection coming, hope it doesn't develop.

I thought that, I have breathing problems, cough, sneezing, runny nose etc....but have spoken to a few people now including a nurse at work and my GP and they all say that's an effect of the anaesthesia and oxygen. It's just your body re-awakening and re-aligning, so try not to worry too much.

The wind will make your chest feel tight to as it presses on your diaphragm or comes back up your esophogas.

Give yourself time to rest and recover and it will all sort itself out x

Wobbletogo said:
I thought that, I have breathing problems, cough, sneezing, runny nose etc....but have spoken to a few people now including a nurse at work and my GP and they all say that's an effect of the anaesthesia and oxygen. It's just your body re-awakening and re-aligning, so try not to worry too much.

The wind will make your chest feel tight to as it presses on your diaphragm or comes back up your esophogas.

Give yourself time to rest and recover and it will all sort itself out x

Thanks for that, it reassuring to know other people have had the same experience.

Wobbly71 said:
Hi jackie, how u feeling today x

My wind pain is on and off. Haven't "been" to the toilet yet, but not eating much. Had 2 slimfast yesterday , milk in coffee and half a cup a soup.

Must admit I wasn't expecting to be sat around still today but think I will be x

Still lots of wind, will be another day sitting around for me too. Gonna attempt a shower as my hair could supply a chip shop with oil right now!
I've gotta try harder to get some nutrition in me today. Only managed a Slimfast and the smoothie from the hospital yesterday, so only has 340 cals
In 3 days!!

sorry to hear you're struggling. Try dulcolax tablets, we picked some up in £land, but only a few pounds normally, but they are very tiny tiny little tablets to swallow and are really good.

Also I know its difficult to get fluid in, but try to get water in too as it will help with constipation. Im still on clear liquids cos anything else bloats me, altho I can still manage apple and OJ, but anything thicker than that isnt great. But, was also advised by my provider to try to get fluids in ahead of "nutrition" at this point as it can lead to kidney/urine infection as well as constipation. . .

Glad to hear you're doing ok! I relate to that port pain!

Back