• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

In the 17's.....

Sarahj2710

Finally left the 18 stone mark and hit 17st 13, 6 1/2 months post op. it's really beginning to be a struggle now though. I guess the golden 'year' is only a golden 6 months for me. But still happier than I have been in years, and don't want to have to settle here, but can I realistically lose another 7 stone??

Yvessa

Well done honey! You are doing fantastically well - I know about it being a struggle but we have come so far :) Keep plodding!

Yvessa

As for the realistically...I had to make the same call for myself. I got to 10 stone and I looked at myself and said do I really have another 10 stone to lose. Can I lose it? And my answer was no. I will stop when my body says stop, but for now its still going, just slower.

Sarahj2710

Sometimes the numbers are still so big aren't they, just trying to focus on little goals. Really want to be a size 18, but can't seem to shift out of the 22's. Having said that, I was a size 34 8 months ago so hopefully by the summer.....? You keep plodding on too girl, you're looking fantastic!!

Yvessa

The clothes size seem to drop quite suddenly. I was in 22s for an age - even though body shape was changing my hips weren't. Suddenly I'm 18/20. The jeans I bought recently are already a bit loose! it feels like 19 stone was a 'stuck' stone for me, now in the 18s I'm loosing every week again rather than gain loss gain loss etc. It was only like a lb fluctuation but so frustrating. You will get there hun, just keep the faith.

shelleymarie

I find dress sizes stay the same for ages, the first ones went quick and then it slowed right down. I think with you ladies you are really inspiring because not only have you done fantastically since your bypass but you both lost so much before. I believe that has a huge impact on your losing rate after the bypass - your body isn't so shocked when you've been reducing intake for months before but it will still keep coming off just at a slower rate, maybe a bit earlier than people like me who still ate loads until 3 weeks before my op (the plus and negative of private in one for you). Both your goal weights are lower than mine and you are both taller, maybe the pressure on yourselves plays a part? I would absolutely love to get to 9 stone so I'd have a healthy bmi but realistically I thought maybe my body will naturally stop before then (that would be a 17 stone loss)and if I didn't hit target then I'd feel a failure so I tried to pick something I thought I could do. If I do go below then that's brilliant. Anyway my over all point is when you've already lost so much it can feel very daunting to think about losing nearly as much again and maybe setting a more achievable goal it won't feel so daunting and then you can reset it when you've made it? Just an idea, you might have decided on that already. What ever way you do it, you are both so strong and inspire me daily and I know you are determined enough to get where you want to be :) xx

Yvessa

I find dress sizes stay the same for ages, the first ones went quick and then it slowed right down. I think with you ladies you are really inspiring because not only have you done fantastically since your bypass but you both lost so much before. I believe that has a huge impact on your losing rate after the bypass - your body isn't so shocked when you've been reducing intake for months before but it will still keep coming off just at a slower rate, maybe a bit earlier than people like me who still ate loads until 3 weeks before my op (the plus and negative of private in one for you). Both your goal weights are lower than mine and you are both taller, maybe the pressure on yourselves plays a part? I would absolutely love to get to 9 stone so I'd have a healthy bmi but realistically I thought maybe my body will naturally stop before then (that would be a 17 stone loss)and if I didn't hit target then I'd feel a failure so I tried to pick something I thought I could do. If I do go below then that's brilliant. Anyway my over all point is when you've already lost so much it can feel very daunting to think about losing nearly as much again and maybe setting a more achievable goal it won't feel so daunting and then you can reset it when you've made it? Just an idea, you might have decided on that already. What ever way you do it, you are both so strong and inspire me daily and I know you are determined enough to get where you want to be :) xx

Aww thanks honey. I need to update my stats as I no longer have a goal - I will let my body decide and the fit of my clothes. I suppose though I am now at the point where I don't feel the same pressure to get to a healthy weight and healthy has taken on a different shine for me. I started off so heavy that actually even the 11.5 stone I have lost feels amazing. A part of me does feel a bit like a quitter.

penelope1008

You're never that Yvessa, we all have to decide on what's right for each of us & yes we stop where our bodies decide, excess skin may stop us reaching an ultimate ideal but only us our doctors as advisors & our bodies can decide what's enough for us. I think realistic is more the term your looking for & perhaps that realism will take you further than those of us who stress ourselves by setting that to mate goal that is as realistic for as as we dream.
Keep up the great work until you & your body are happy Hun & don't put yourself down new life new weight new outlook on life & definitely your in a no put down zone of your own so even you can't do that to yourself. Life knocks us enough without doing it to ourselves.

Yvessa

Thanks Penny :) I do still hope, but its still going down, I am healthy, bloods are good and what will be will be. All I can is eat right and exercise and leave the rest upto my bypass and body.

chrisa

Well done everyone have been reading through these posts and can agree with you all, Shelley you were so right. I know before my op we ate healthily just bigger portions, before my op we started to cut down sizes not a ssmall as would on bypass but still smaller never the less. I knew I was doing lala I could and the exercising. Once I had the op then some bits came off quick like it does at first but the last few months had so many stops and starts but hey I have lost 10 1/2 stone it has made a big difference to me. I would love to be around 13 stone which means another stone off but don't seem to be able to get down there still in 14's. However I was in the 14's for years so I think thta may well be where my body is happy, must clothes are 18's the odd thing is 20 if its tight fitting on the hips n thighs, 20 tops are too big around my shoulders. I really am at a good weight for me everyone thinks I have lost enough but I am still in the obese category not even just overweight yet, I have always weighed heavier than everyone else my size. Thats what used to pee me off at weight loss groups. xx We will keep on plodding ladies till our bodies give us the answers and hope thye remember to tell our brains so that we all can keep in the loop and work together. xx

Sarahj2710

You're so right ladies, you just have to plod on and listen to our bodies, mine is telling me that I am hungry today, have drunk 2.5 ltrs of water so not thirsty/hungry if you know what I mean. So have eaten... Not gone mad, just eaten til I feel satisfied. Just gonna listen o my body more. I've lost 11stone, would like to lose another 7, but would be happy with 2 more off at the moment.

Yvessa

I have had a full day. Not even able to eat much at all. But happy with that as it makes me feel more in control. I am down now to about a stone every two months which is still better than I would ever have managed preop.

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Shelleymarie described perfectly what my weight management doctor said to me. My weight loss has been so slow because this old hat for my body.

Made me wish for a moment I hadn't lost all the weight before lol

I have also asked myself do I want to loss another 3-4 stone. And can I lose another 3-4 stone. I am sure with hard work I can get near it. But ultimately I have decided I will go by the mirror and how I feel :)

Well done on your brill loss. I will plod along with you :)