• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

In tommrow bypass Friday! scared!!!

smiler2009

Well im in tommrow and excited and scared. Saw the sad post on here today that someone has passed away and im sorry for the families loss.
It just gets you thinking about the risk we are taking having this op.
Did anyone else feel like this coming up to their op?

Hi

Good Luck for your operation I think it is normal to feel scared and frightned about the operation , i did mine was last week and un all honestly I cant believe how well i have been and how well i feel.

You will be fine , yes somebody has died we know that this is a very very small risk of happening , the thing is more and more people are having this operation and eventually something bad will happen.

But this is rare !!!!!

Very rare ok !!!

So stay strong and and u will be just fine ok

sending you big hugs

helen
xxxxxxxx

Hey Smiler

It is very normal to feel some fear prior to a major operation...Don't worry.

Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Look forward to hearing from you as soon as you can.

{hugs}

Thanks Helen,how are you feeling? was your wls keyhole or open? If you dont mind me asking .
P.S thanks for the hugs x

l0xsqar4py.jpg

Smiler try not to worry. What happened to the young man in the thread earlier was tragic but it was a risk he and all other surgical weight loss patients take.There are more success stories than tragic ones and bless him and his family regarding the out come of this. He felt something was'nt right and expressed his feelings but to no avail. Please feel free to nag all you want for them to take a look at you if you feel something is'nt right. You will be ok and back here soon telling us all about your experience, so go in there and come out starting your new life.

ok im going to just say it how it is here, any type of surgery comes with a risk, its 1 in 3000, no its not nice to hear of someone passing away but having a gall bladder removal has the same odds of death, reality is yes there is a risk but its a very low risk, wls has changed so many peoples quality of life and the risk is worth taking with those odds, the fear factor is there with every wls patient, but extereme complications are very rare xxx

Hi Smiler

I had mine laproscopic !!! and i feel great and im told i look it too lmao

dont know about that though

You will be starting your new life and im sure you will thrilled you made the decision to have this done , please try not too worry too much we will all be thinking about you and let us know as soon as you can how you are please .

mwah take care

helen
xxxxx

Well im in tommrow and excited and scared. Saw the sad post on here today that someone has passed away and im sorry for the families loss.
It just gets you thinking about the risk we are taking having this op.
Did anyone else feel like this coming up to their op?

Hello there :)

I have my op next Friday (10th) and have got to say that the sad news of the young man's death has made me gulp.

It does not sound as though he was a textbook case. From what I have read he was a Macclesfield patient who was operated on in Hull, this is usually only done with the higher risk patients. Please remember that the details are very vague and there may have been other health issues involved.

As long as you have followed the instructions given to you by your team then you have done you side of the work. Now trust your surgeon and his team. Try to remain calm and focus on reaching your goal of a healthier, happier life.

All the best for your op and I look forward to reading about your experience.

:grouphugg:

Lx

Hi...I'm due for my by-pass op next Fri and yep it's 50-50 how I'm feeling BUT I know deep down what I have to do for my future health and life..Of course sad news like the chap we heard about does sink in but there are always going to be sad cases like this but all you can do is press on and feel genuine sadness for those left behind.Good luck with your op and pls let us know how it all went..
Mark

Hi Smiler,

My bypass op was done last friday, and I can HONESTLY say that I'm AMAZED at how well I feel considering I had, what when all is considered, quite major abdominal surgery. I was even wondering whether I was doing the right thing IN THEATRE before the GA kicked in. I can only give you my take on the way I feel as everyone is obviously different, but I am amazed at how little pain I am experiencing, and the rate at which I am regaining mobility.

You have to make up your own mind whether the WLS is for you but would I have it done again? HELL YEAH!

Last edited:
I was PETRIFIED before my op, didn't know how bad the pain would be etc... I can honestly say that it was no where near as bad as I expected and any pain is so well controlled. Unfortunately I had a few complications but even taking that into account I would do it all again tomorrow, think of the future, will be thinking of you, you will be fine and in good hands, don't worry. Pauline

Back