• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Independant funding committee question

Linski

Hi all, Just wonerderd if anyone could give me any hope or information regarding the following?

Currently with Walsall Manor - waiting extensive and at 55 time is ticking by.
Rang Telford whos waiting is within teh 18 week timescale. Asked to explore there for me. Letter sent last week.
Rang Wolverhampton PCT and was told they have a contract with WM and Heartlands to do Wolverhampton patients and I would need to go in front of the INDEPEDANT FUNDING COMMITTEE. They may say no and they do not know where that would leave me with Walsall.

My question is - has anyone had dealings or funding from the independant funding committee and were they succesfull? Mt doctor will support me 100% but I am worried now incase I lose my place at WM although only had one appointment and quiet frankly hold no hope of having surgery within 18 months which will make me 57?

Any help is much appreciated.

Linski xx

My appeal went to the Individual funding committee of Derbyshire - not the local committee who gave the original decision. I don't know if thats the same? I did it all by letter from me, with a covering letter from my doctor. They just came back with a yes......MY appeal letter is on my journal to give you some idea of what i said.
Oh and by the way i am 65, so stop worrying about your age - you are a spring chicken :D xxxxxx

Hi Linski,

Unfortunatly Bariatric surgery is not part of the 18 week pathway in fact the 18 week pathway will soon cease entirely. You can ask for support from the PCT in finding out if any other hospitals have shorter waiting list times.

Sorry it's not better news. xxx

Back