• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

injections post op

Ive been getting them in my arm, which is where the nurses were giving me them... but...

on my left arm i now have two big painful lumps under my skin.

I had a bad night last night (im having awful pain in my left hand side, from my groin to my tummy when i move, especially when i raise my leg) so i ended up waking my poor monther up at 4 am, for some pain killers (it must be bad, i havent taken anything since i left hot and my lumps in my arm were warm.

Did anyone experience the lumps?
Im a bit worried the injection has just collected under the skin and not spread out...

I tried to call my hosp, but got no answer as yet...

so... anyone with any ideas?

.x.

Ive been getting them in my arm, which is where the nurses were giving me them... but...

on my left arm i now have two big painful lumps under my skin.

I had a bad night last night (im having awful pain in my left hand side, from my groin to my tummy when i move, especially when i raise my leg) so i ended up waking my poor monther up at 4 am, for some pain killers (it must be bad, i havent taken anything since i left hot and my lumps in my arm were warm.

Did anyone experience the lumps?
Im a bit worried the injection has just collected under the skin and not spread out...

I tried to call my hosp, but got no answer as yet...

so... anyone with any ideas?

.x.

If i were you i'd be getting in contact with my GP or consultant regarding this, as to me this doesn't sound right !

Good luck

I agree with SS - phone your team up or go to A & E hope you get sorted soon sweetheart. Sending hugs with fairy dust to help you feel better

i just spoke to them, they say its fine, the reason they do it in the belly is cos there is more fat, so you dont get the lumps... but its nothing to worry about.

the nurse asked me other questions to check about my pain... but she thinks its just a pulled muscle... but if i get worse to get in touch.

she also told me i can take the pink calpol... as i struggle with the orange. and not to take senna, to take lacto something or other?!

:)

.x.

i just spoke to them, they say its fine, the reason they do it in the belly is cos there is more fat, so you dont get the lumps... but its nothing to worry about.

the nurse asked me other questions to check about my pain... but she thinks its just a pulled muscle... but if i get worse to get in touch.

she also told me i can take the pink calpol... as i struggle with the orange. and not to take senna, to take lacto something or other?!

:)

.x.

Great, at least its put your mind at rest !

Senna is an irritant and not good for post op Lactulose is fab stuff over the counter from the chemist and cheap as chips (but not as bad for you:D)

ive taken one spoonfull of Lactulose, and ive got some rumblings, but nothing yet.. i only took one spoon as i didnt know how effective it is, so i may take another later :)

however, it hurts when i pee.. not in the uhhh.... you know... area... but further up, where my crotch meets my belly... but i think its all part of this pulled muscle jobby.

I havent rly managed anything to eat today... ive had water and a glass of milk, but i think the night i had last night has worn me out and killed any faint glimmer of hunger!

Should i be worrying about protein yet? im only 5 days post op...
i did have a (rank) protein shake yesterday though!

.x.

Oh be careful, lactulose is synthetic sugar! I think it was B & R that said bypassers should avoid it.

Maz

Yep it is babe ...my dad has it an he is an insulin dependant diabetic and it doesnt effect his blood sugar so maybe its not a problem...its formed i think from milk sugars (lactose) and this maybe why its not a problem???

I had the lumps (still do) in my tummy from the injection sites. For me they were labelled 'hematomas - - which as far as I can fathom is medical speak for an internal bruise which presents as a lump. Apparently they go away on their own after a while (a few months).

Hope you are feeling better
yoyo
x

well it worked... ive been :)

im feeling like crap though, i havent managed to eat anything today cos i feel so rough, in pain and tired :(

.x.

Oooh Becca sorry to hear your having pain and discomfort. Apart from pain killers, do you have a hot water bottle or something you could wrap in a towel and rest gently on your abdomen?

Sending you big hugs Xx take care, Phoebe.

Oh and btw I hope you are not overdoing things because your initial recovery was good. You do need to take it easy and rest up.

Try and get some nutrition if you can too, I kow you don't much fancy it but not having it will make you even weaker.

Sorry I cant help none :(

i ended up putting an icepack on me last night as i was running a bit of a temp.

i think i might have a urinry tract infection... its begining to feel that way anyway :(

.x.

I was just going to say that I've had a very similiar pain to yourself in my side and a dodgy feeling not when weeing but connected somehow. I told my Gp and she said it could be urine infection and gave me antibiotics, a couple of days into them and I feel a lot better. Might be worth a chat with your Gp see if they think the sames wrong with you...x

thanks idian light, i might just do that :)

.x.

I also had a urine infection a few weeks post op as well as been contipated and it was TOTM what we go through lol

Back