• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Intro

riojapoke

Hi everybody

I'm a new member, I'm not sure how many members there are, but just wanted to make contact, as I am waiting for a surgery date at the moment, I've been told end of August or early September.

I'm going to try my early test run with the milk and yogurt diet this coming week, will probably start tomorrow.

The surgery I'm up for is a gastric bypass, I've read a lot of success stories so now just want to get it Dane ASAP "want my life back".

I was always a skinny kid, played loads of sport, always did a hard physical job and generally stayed fit and strong, then a back problem stopped me working for a while and changed the type of work I did. Without realising it, I gradually put on more and more weight, until I now weigh 180kg. I'm so desperately ashamed of myself!
Any device anybody can give me would be appreciated.

Hello,
Welcome to the forum.Glad to hear you took the first steps. Wishing you all the best towards the new you.

Do not be ashamed of yourself. Everyone on here knows what it feels like to have no control and for the weight to go up and up. This will be the best thing you have done and will work unlike things you may have tried before. Good luck on your journey x I look forward to following your journey xx

Hello newbie, welcome to the best site ever! I had a bypass and its the best think ive ever done, not one second of regret only wish I di it decades ago
there are a number of diets we all as part of pre surgery
look up on google ( other search engines are available!) Or im very sure there is a thread on here telling you about each time of pre surgery also known as the liver shriage diet ( LSD)

Thanks for all your replies, this site is obviously much more active than I expected.

I am hoping that posting on here will help keep me motivated and reach my goal.

Thanks

Good luck - let us know when you get your date.

All the best and let us know how you get on.

Back