• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Iron tablets

hootch

I have recently started taking the iron suppliments I was prescribed post-op and they are having a terrible effect on me, cant go too far from the loo at the mo. I was told that the iron would blacken my bowel movements but this is rediculous, cant spend the next few years living outside the loo...

On a lighter note, no pun intended, I was weighed on Wednesday which was 13 days post-op and I had lost 20Kg...in 13 days...

Your system will settle down.Are you taking just iron or the Forceval?

I find I never go near the loo on my iron tablets.

I think theyare quite harsh on the tum ask for Forceval it has all vitamins,minerals and iron you need for life.

i have just been prescribed these to be taken 3 times a day as my haemoglobin is low as well as my iron reserves. Am dreading taking the :(

when i had my surgery post op i was given liquid iron was really ill on so my gp gave me iron injections personally id rather have stuck to the liquid as the injection is so painful ...OUCH !!!! xx

Iv got liquid iron from boots, doesn't taste bad but is easy on my tummy n bowels.

Pg I just think u like taking drugs lol cx

A gopd liquid iron suppliment is the Spatone one. Often used by expectant mums it can be added to a glass of orange juice for most advantageous uptake!

Tatiana

Last edited:
Back