• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A Question on slow weightloss

Hi Sue, not too bad, although can't wait to be able to eat something crunchy like a ryvita or cracker with dairylea light lol. These weight loss stalls are pants!!!! xxxx

Hi Sue
thanks for that, i am going to keep at it, this is my last hope, i just wanted to make sure i was normal, i am feeling a bit better.

I too had a jacket potato the other night with the family, i had a really small potato with cottage cheese and managed half, so i know something is working, its just keeping my spirits up through a stall, its hard emotionally
xxx

Yes i did them no problem chewed and chewed for england to make them mush, i have been having mash since monday so didnt think these would be a problem as long as i sorted them before they went down, you have worried me now, maybe i havent had a bypass!!!!

LOL u have had a bypass, think we all think that.
I still cant eat potatoes or bread its just one of them things. DONT PANIC XX

Deeby, step back and chillax girl!

Firstly at two weeks post op i could and did have a whole tin of soup (strained) and i'm fine :).

Now for the weight loss, my first week i dropped 11lb (and lost 5lb on one week of pre op), following week i think i dropped another 5 or 3, anyway i had a week of a 1lb loss and then two weeks of ZILCH, ZERO absolutely nothing! Anyway the last two weeks i've dropped 3lb consecutively...

By having such a good weight loss you have basically scared the **** out of your metabolism, it thinks you are on some kind of crash diet and want to starve it! Let your metabolism calm down and realise you are still putting fuel in the engine and it will resume....

In the meantime you have to make a real effort with your fluids, it's not easy if you are not used to drinking much but it's a necessary evil xxx

Julie
thanks for that, am feeling better by the post!!
xxx

i know how your feeling mona im the same i have stalled this week to andi find it really hard to get all the fluids in , i was never much of a fluid drinker before the op . it does get you p**ed of when u dont loser anything but i have read a lot of people go through stalls so i guess it is normal xxxxx

i have just sat in mc donalds with the family all tucking into there meals and milkshakes and i had a bottle of water and the best bit was i wasnt botherd at all although i have to say they did push it with the donuts i better loose this week or else lol

Wow Sue, well done you !!!
I took my son and granddaughter to McD's earlier in the week, and pinched a chip and munched it to death before swallowing, would have loved to nibble a chicken nugget as well, but resisted ha ha xxx

Back