• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is anyone full?

Gnomes

Has anyone got the full amount in their band? if so, did they finally feel some restriction? if not, what happened next?

I only ask because I'm now 9ml in a 10 ml band, and I'm feeling nothing still! Slightly worried, I'll have 10ml in and then have no where to go??

Oh My that's sounds like TK she has never had restriction but still managed to loose one hell of a lot of weight

I wish you luck xxx

Im not full in my band, I'm currently at 11mls in a 14ml band and going for 12th fill this week as I still have no restriction. However I'm only a few lb short of an 11 stone loss.

I discussed this concern with my provider and out of their just under 3000 current banders they only have 2 that are full in their band, and there are a few who are in the final approaching ml. however there are some people who will not find restriction from the band when it's full although I am sure they said it was something like a half of 1% and at that point if restriction isn't felt it's time to look at alternative surgery types.

We discussed it because 15 months out I'm still struggling for restriction. Speak to your provider about your concerns tho.

I was banded in March.So far I have had 4 fills taking me to 8 ml in an 11 ml band. I have yet to experience restriction but like TK have managed to lose weight using the band as a psychological crutch to bolster my not always good willpower as I know I have nowhere to go if I fail my band.I also fully understand that the band is just an aid and the rest is up to me but I am hoping to feel a bit more restriction in January when I have my next fill as I have not lost a great deal in the last few weeks. Sorry this doesn't really answer your question as I still have a few notches in by band to go yet, but just to say that we are all different.

Last edited:
I think I am?! well as near as damn it. I will have to check back through my diary though.

Its been a looooonnnng time since I had my last fill - BUT I have always had restriction, right from day one. Now that could be because my stomach was so huge and my small band alone stopped me in my tracks - no more over eating. Also I may have had a lot of fat around my stomach and only as this went did I need fills.

Just remember though this is your journey but at your stage maybe you do need more in your band to help.

Good luck getting the rest off xx

Hi I have a ten ml band In I have got 6 and a half mil in but the last two fills I have had to go back and have a bit out because I couldn't cope I had my op done in July and have lost nearly five stone but I really don't think I can have any more fills x

At one time I was at 8 cc's out of 10 on my fills. I barely felt any restrictions. Then I had to have knee surgery so I went and had my band drained (didn't want to risk getting sick from anesthesia).

My band was empty for about a month ... which made me realize it WAS working because of how hungry I was and how much I could eat ... thus gained 7 #.

Once I started to get fills again ... I have 3 cc's (out of the 10 my band holds) and I have a lot of restriction! I believe I have found my "sweet spot".

My advice is that you drain your band and start over. Good luck!

Sometimes I do wonder if they actually hit the spot and get the fluid in...maybe they think they have and its not all gone in :/ just a thought

im a newbie so cant really help. It might be helpful to ask what restriction actually means to yourself. Are you hungry all day no matter what? x

5cc

I have 5cc and I feel restriction, I dont think I am in my sweet spot but I am loosing and I am not super hungry as long as I do my protein shakes between meals.

I have 12ml in a 14ml band. I haven't hit that sweet spot but I do know the band is there.

AFter all this time I still eat for 20 minutes and chew chew and chew some more leaving the gap in between.

This works for me and am losing still x

Hi

I had a small volume band 6mls was the max it could hold and I found that half a mil could be the difference from feeling strangulated and not being able to swallow your own spit (sorry to much information:D) to a tiny unfil and eating a fair bit - I preferred my band to be tight around 4.5 mils and found that during different times of the month my restriction was also different - the best way I explained it to my mate was if my rings felt tight on my fingers usually my band was tighter and could eat less! Some days I found it hard to eat most things the next I could eat a fair bit! Sweet spot for me was a daily surprise - my band must have been female - fickle lol!!!

Back