• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i normal?

brooksypjkn

I'm 10 days post op and been coping fine. Although today I'm really hungry just wanna cry the thought of another shake or soup is driving me insane, I just want normal food and I still got 4 days until I can start puréed let alone the soft stage. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr fed up, sorry xx

Oh dont worry its very normal...i had three weeks of fluids..i was fantasising about beans and mini sausages by then!!

Hey pippa, thats a long time until softs, who is your provider? Good luck, it will all be worth it x x x

Hi, it's with healthier weight, they state weeks 1&2 liquids then 3&4 puréed to soft xx I'm craving puréed cauliflower and brocoli with cheese sauce!! But also beans and mini sausages now!! I will knuckle down and grin and bear it xx

Sounds like heaven right now? got my soup let's hope it gets rid of my cravings, which now incorporate a fun size Milky Way, normally hate them but I'm definitely getting one when I'm in solids, thanks for listening xx

Hi Brooks, I am suffering with head hunger too. Am on puree/soft (baby food consistency) stage but find pureed stuff very boring, and then the protein problem. Only managed less than litre of water today. Failed to organise myself for breakfast and lunch h and ended up munching through chopped egg mayo/smoked salmon pieces off sandwiches served at a meeting today.also had a whole banana. So am eating food not pureed.
Maybe when I start the next stage, I will be better. I can't wait to eat some melba toast with cheese and or humus

Thanks everyone I've had s few cheese melts and I'll get my head back on track for tomorrow, it's so nice to chew something x been living off tomato soup and choc shakes so tonight's been a nice if not naughty treat x

Last edited:
I've had 3 oatcakes with peanut butter, I think I'm going start puréed food tomorrow as the liquids aren't filling me, but I've just worked the cals out I've only been on around 500 so maybe that's why I'm so hungry xx

Hi Brooks,

I'm just finishing my 3 weeks of liquids and it is the longest 3 weeks, so I know what you're going through. Although it was hard, I'm really pleased that I was disciplined enough to follow it through. The last hurdle of the first stage will go quickly.

I was getting to the stage, like you where I was getting fed up up sous and shakes.

I made a really nice smoothie/milkshake with Milk, marvel powder, danio blueberry yogurt, danio cherry, Greek yoghurt and no added sugar vimto cordial and blitzed it and it tasted really good... Sooo much better than a boring strawberry/choc/vanilla shake and it tasted like an expensive exotic milkshake you would buy!!!

Hang on in there... It won't be long and it will be worth it for your recovery!! X

Hi Brooks, I'm just finishing my 3 weeks of liquids and it is the longest 3 weeks, so I know what you're going through. Although it was hard, I'm really pleased that I was disciplined enough to follow it through. The last hurdle of the first stage will go quickly. I was getting to the stage, like you where I was getting fed up up sous and shakes. I made a really nice smoothie/milkshake with Milk, marvel powder, danio blueberry yogurt, danio cherry, Greek yoghurt and no added sugar vimto cordial and blitzed it and it tasted really good... Sooo much better than a boring strawberry/choc/vanilla shake and it tasted like an expensive exotic milkshake you would buy!!! Hang on in there... It won't be long and it will be worth it for your recovery!! X

Thanks I've only got a couple of days before I officially on puréed so I many just wait until Monday. Feeling very constipated only been to the toilet twice, in 12 days so maybe the crackers and the medicine I have taken will help that little problem (sorry if tmi) xx

Well done you for sticking to 3 weeks x

Ah in that case Brooks, you might as well stick it out until Monday.
I've been constipated too...apparently it's normal!!! Can't wait to get back to some kind of normality with my body again!! Xx

Sorry girls but not constipated anymore ;-) finally went, and then now I've gone the other way - can't stop. Meant to be going out in 10 mins but seriously considering cancelling!!! Xxx

Oh poor you.
I think it is probably normal to have these extremes. That seems to be the case for me anyway. I am finding too much milk makes me go, a lot.

Hope puree stage will be good for you. I am still having soups - am finding this stage more difficult than soups. Have scrambled eggs though, lovely.

Cauliflower/cheese- why don't you add a bit milk and make into a soup? I know it's not the same but at least different flavour.Good luck.

Thanks Tules, I'll try that x can't wait to try lots of things! Good luck with the soups you're a better woman than me xx

Oh soups.... just because I cannot be creative with the pureed food! In 8 days time, I will have the soft food with bits and crackers stage. There will be no more soup then, I assure you x

Back