• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i normal?

sweetheart you really should be careful not to push your band and healing tummy so soon.... i know its hard right now, this is the most difficult it will be..... i promise.... this early stage was hellish for me....but here i am a year later still with an empty band!! this hunger stage your going thru is head hunger, it takes awhile to get used to reading the signs, please please try and stick to the rules, work your way thru the stages as per your instructions..... please also be aware having this first fill may not find your sweetspot so soon, so this hunger may be with you for awhile...... stick to the 20 20 20 to help keep control of your portions, trust me in time the brain will begin to register full this way alone by stimulating the nerve at the top of your tum :) all the best sweetheart....try some distraction techniques to help your thru x x x x huge hugs x x x x

Thanks I'm really going to try and deal with this properly. I'm sure the old me is trying to sabotage the new me knowing I was desperate to get this weight off for Vegas. I'm not not normally hormonal during my period but this week has been hell, I wish it would hurry up!! I'm crying at everything :-( xx

sending hugs sweetheart ;) it does and will pass just as day turns to night ...... please just take care..... there are very good reasons for the post op eating program..... we do the fluids/puree so the tummy doesn't have to go thru the digestive process so early on after surgery..... deffo not toasted rolls :( you may be feeling fit and well on the outside but remember your tum has been thru the mill, its healing still. maybe there's a reason for the sickness? was you eating too much or too fast ? tiny amounts at a time chew chew chew (even the soft stuff) your effectively doing the process before food hits your tum for now....... don't forget to wait between small bites (download the eat slower app) stop after 20 minutes ..... dish up on a childs plate and get a child's cutlery set :) follow these rules the hunger should stay at bay.... it does get better but always always stick to the rules..... your head could well be sabotaging ........unfortunately we seem to be programed with a little demon in our heads...........its learning to switch it off and once you've mastered that you will feel so empowered :) yay Vegas here you come !!! x x x xhugs

Thanks everyone for your kind words xx I spoke to my nurse just before I went away and she said I was normal! that sorted my head!!! Had a fab time in Vegas ate and drank what I fancied ( good choices). Got home late clocking in 2lbs heavier but that had gone the next morning.......maybe water retention xx. Been for my first fill, easy, no pain and apparently my scars are healing very well xx 3.8ml added. Bring on the weightloss xx thanks again xx

Brook this is for life. Ups and downs will be part of the journey. Amazing to have gone to the USA and not gained weight. Well done xx

Back