• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i normal?

Tules, I cannot believe you are going back to soups as you're not being creative!!! If I had to have another day of soup, that would FORCE ME to get creative!!! Lol

Were you not given a diet sheet from the hospital with ideas and recipes??

I have found a few recipes online. Just google puréed recipes for Bariatric patients and there are some sites that will give you some great meals to make!!

I don't want to see you deprive yourself because you weren't being creative!!!!

As your challenge, I want to get some recipes from YOU that you have tried!!!! LOL!!

Good luck!! Xx

My diet sheet did not have any recipes - just suggestion that I puree things, and yes mashed potatoes . At work, the most suitable lunch was soup, so had that.
I pureed bolognese sauce with some pasta, was nice once, really did not want it the second time.
OK challenge taken, I will find something for the puree and let you know - my surgeon did say that some tpeople find puree harder than liquid, I must be one of them :)

Well at least you've tried to purée food and it must be hard going back to work again.

I'm glad you've decided to take on the challenge of cooking something and giving me the recipes!!! And NO, M&S salmon pâté doesn't count as YOU didn't make it!!! :) :)

To celebrate the end of my 3 weeks of liquid, I'm starting off with Weetabix!! Never been more excited to have Weetabix in my life!!! Who would've ever thought???!!!!

Thought I'd try tuna with cream cheese + garlic & herbs for lunch and dinner will be fish pie.

From what I've heard so far, basically anything can be puréed ( that doesn't mean you can purée a pack of nuts just because you're partial to them!!! Ha ha ha).

Look forward to trying out Your tried and tested ideas!!

Good luck xx

Did anyone notice after their band when they stopped sipping? Having my coffee in bed this morning and realised I was gulping it, with no consequences?! Roll on April 25th for my first fill appt. I'm gupling, had crackers what's next a T Bone steak!!!! Started my vitamins yesterday so hoping for more energy and to get on the treadmill. Happy Sunday everyone xx

Its really early in your journey to be eating crackers hun You don't want to damage your band :( Follow the rules, I know its hard, but ring your dietician if you're struggling Your tummy is still healing, and your band is a tool that you need to make friends with :) Treat it carefully, don't rush it, and the hard work will pay off when you are slim, fit, & healthy x x x

Today's a new day and I've realised its because I'm bored. The post op pack came with the soups so I've been rotating the flavours I like for 12 days. I'm off shopping for some new ones which I can blend if necessary. Think I just had a low on Fri and Sat but this morning things seem to be back in perspective. Thanks ladies your support is immense and seeing notifications on these threads makes such a difference xxxx

Hi Rinata,
The M&S salmon pate is lush! ;)

I can be creative with food but basically you have to me it into almost baby food consistency. Takes the flavour away.... so I find that with soups I can blend the unflavoured protein powder.

Mmmm puree nuts... actually I bought some peanut butter. Must not eat spoonfuls of that...
He he

Brooks, I am also drinking in normal speed now. Mind you forgot myself and down a half a glass of water yesterday. Nothing happened...??

Well Tules, maybe I shouldn't have given you ideas about pureeing nuts!! I think you better hide the jar of peanut butter!!!

it's a shame I don't like pâté otherwise I would've tried it.

I had Weetabix which had been ground like sandpaper and still REALLY enjoyed that. For lunch, I had a a very moist garlic and herb cheesy tuna mayonnaise and mashed it well which I was enjoying. Had a spoonful and thought it was still too big and bitty so I blitzed it and thought it would be disgusting as a paste but dare I say it, it actually tasted better as all the flavours were blended in well together!! I was quite pleasantly surprised!! I think I'm just soooo grateful for having more variety and new textures!!

You're more disciplined about going back to soups than I am!! If I don't see another bowl of soup... It won't be soon enough!!!

Later I'm having a McDonalds chocolate shake!!!! Well, it's my home made protein shake but I'm going to pretend It's from McD's!!!

Have a good week ahead and stay off the nuts and peanut butter.... Don't want you to pick up a new addiction!!! Lol xx

Just wondering if other people felt hungrier after a couple of weeks x I'm due some dinner soon so hopefully that will fill me......more bloody soup :-( but I've 4 weeks until my fill xx

This is when self control has to come into play hunni..... follow the rules and you will do just fine.....don't be tempted to stuff something in just because your bored. Yes its not easy....lets face it the hunger is always going to return until your fills begin and the hunt for restriction starts :) your tum is still healing right now, which is why the soups, then puree take your time follow the rules and you will have great success......

Thanks, thought I was being greedy x I've not picked I've stuck to my 3 meals, puréed dinner tomorrow...........woohoooo.........Going to have an options hot choc later a treat as tomorrow's 2 weeks since my band xx

Rinata, yep had two lovely spoonfuls of peanut butter - some protein in that.

Brooks, I had the head hunger around the same time you are experiencing. It's just habit. Sitting in front of tv, I yearned (and had eaten !!) some nuts.
It has eased off now. I feel I am now moving away from being a slave to food.

Hang on there.

Rinata, yep had two lovely spoonfuls of peanut butter - some protein in that. Brooks, I had the head hunger around the same time you are experiencing. It's just habit. Sitting in front of tv, I yearned (and had eaten !!) some nuts. It has eased off now. I feel I am now moving away from being a slave to food. Hang on there.

Ahhhh the pressure I might just go to bed even my vimto isn't hitting the spot tonight!! Hopefully I'll be on more calories tomorrow so more energy xx think I'm surviving on around 450 at the moment x

3 weeks to Vegas! Then Scotland for a week N Ireland then a hen in Portugal before Egypt. All these holidays frighten me as normally I pig out with the excuse! But I'm determined to stick to it and be slimmer for each one. Never had so much planned but normally the fat me would of dreaded going away xx

Had a terrible week, cannot stop eating........desperate for my first fill but it's ages away. Only problem I have is with bread, everything else is fine. Sorry I've been hiding away but been really low...........in reality I've eaten a fraction of what I would normally but I know I'm eating way too much :-(

Had a terrible week, cannot stop eating........desperate for my first fill but it's ages away. Only problem I have is with bread, everything else is fine. Sorry I've been hiding away but been really low...........in reality I've eaten a fraction of what I would normally but I know I'm eating way too much :-(

Hey love...we all go though those stages so don't worry...I have been eating rubbish last few days as well, which isn't like me!!! Back ontrack tomorrow!!! Xxx

Hi
Bread Is a Defo no no so early on you need to be do your purée and soft stages have you gone back on normal food? Please be careful I have been through a lot of problems with my band even having followed all the initial rules I know it's hard x

sweetheart you really should be careful not to push your band and healing tummy so soon.... i know its hard right now, this is the most difficult it will be..... i promise.... this early stage was hellish for me....but here i am a year later still with an empty band!! this hunger stage your going thru is head hunger, it takes awhile to get used to reading the signs, please please try and stick to the rules, work your way thru the stages as per your instructions..... please also be aware having this first fill may not find your sweetspot so soon, so this hunger may be with you for awhile...... stick to the 20 20 20 to help keep control of your portions, trust me in time the brain will begin to register full this way alone by stimulating the nerve at the top of your tum :) all the best sweetheart....try some distraction techniques to help your thru x x x x huge hugs x x x x

Hi Bread Is a Defo no no so early on you need to be do your purée and soft stages have you gone back on normal food? Please be careful I have been through a lot of problems with my band even having followed all the initial rules I know it's hard x

Hi I have had some normal bits but still soup and shakes until evening then I've had a toasted roll with butter or fake cheese slice. The purée made me sick and I was scared I was damaging the band. My period is due and its ban a crazy week my hormones and me hard each other right now! I'm going into week four now now so fingers crossed I can get restriction when I have my fill xx

Back