• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it just me? Spit Not Swallow

purpleprincess29

I'm on fairly solid foods now and it's usually hit and miss without rhyme or reason as to whether it stays down, but generally I'm doing well.

However, I'm conscious that I need to chew food thoroughly before swallowing because there's a danger of it getting stuck, but I find that when I put food in my mouth, initially it tastes okay (not like it used to as I think my tastes have changed) but pleasant enough.

The more I chew it I find the taste changes, it becomes unpleasant and I just want it out my mouth and therefore end up spitting it out in a chewed up ball and giving up on the meal. This has happened quite a lot lately where I'm chewing food and feeling almost bored by it being in my mouth.

I'm really struggling to think of meal ideas now.

I can't offer any help as i'm not experiencing this (yet).

I do have a problem slowing down on the eating progress and am trying to work on this....

But spit food out? OMG that is like a sin against mankind to me, guess i need to realise one day i will take a bite too many and will spit and not swallow xx

...But spit food out? OMG that is like a sin against mankind to me...

Sorry, I'm unable to help but was pmsl at that bit...hopefully someone far more sensible & with some experience of this will be along to offer advice xxx

Looks like I've got a few Hail Mary's to say in the morning then for my sins lol.

I think it must be psychological and my changing thoughts about food.

Thanks for the responses though, been entertaining :)

Just had to post and say WOW at your photos Mel. You are looking fab already hun. What a change in such a short time.

Back