• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it normal for a fill to take some time to kick in?

Had a fill on Friday taking me to 5.5 in 10ml band really feeling it today. Not had much to eat at all very small amount. I can drink fine and no pain or anything coming up. Does it take time to kick in?

thinking about it I didnt have much last night either but have been having more protein than carbs and eating them first I ate some chicken last night then dumped the rest

yes it can take a while post fill, especially if you've been on liquids and mash, so quite often it's when you get back to normal foods. This is also why a lot of providers have a minimum 2-3 weeks between fills because it can take this time to settle down.

It can also very during the month, hormone related, time of the month etc, so it could be felt a while after too :)

Eating protein first is the idea to take the hunger away, so it sounds as if the fill has helped with restriction and hunger which is what the intention is :)

Not sure if you should be eating chicken 3 days after a fill. I was banded by Paul Super on the NHS, and am on liquids for 1 week before another week of puree/soft after a recent refill.

Not sure if you should be eating chicken 3 days after a fill. I was banded by Paul Super on the NHS, and am on liquids for 1 week before another week of puree/soft after a recent refill.

It varies, he was my surgeon too, but different provider, my guidelines are only 3 days liquid 3 days mash post fills. There are some who also use mr super who only do 24 hours liquid and 24 hours mash before returning to food. It tends to be providers guidelines more so than surgeon :)

Yes they said to me it was 1 day of liquid 1 day of purée. They only extend it if they do a fluid check. Or if it's the first fill. Think I've just found some restriction which I'm pleased about. It's really cut down the amount I can eat which is fab nerve racking but fab at the same time. I've noticed tonight I felt full far quicker than usual. Think it was a shock tho haha but this is what a want and I'm fine with liquids and have had fish tonight which went down fine with some veg and for the first time ever I didn't get to the carbs!! Whoop whoop x

Now that you feel a bit of restriction (And I'm not jealous much ;) lol) this is a good time to when you slow down the eating, to actually stop at the time you no longer feel hungry, it can be all to easy to eat beyond that until you're feeling full. This means you will also take less on board and you are taking advantage of the restriction and the fact that you that hunger is taken away on less food.

:)

Top Kat you are so right I have got to get my head in gear now!! easier said than done luckily my other half (we work together too) sees me eat and then start to struggle and he happily finishes it off haha

Back