• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it normal?

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
I am over one month post op and still feel very stiff around my middle. It's not pain, just real discomfort.

My port and scar near the port are still tender and sometimes give me a very sharp reminder they are there.

I don't have much restriction but for the past couple of days it has felt tighter and last night felt odd...a hard sensation in my chest. It is possible I might have eaten too much.

Just wondered if any of you guys with the band still felt like this nearly five weeks out?

I am due a fill a week on Monday.

I just feel a little sorry for myself...last week I felt better than this week.

Sorry your not feeling too good, I cant help as had the bypass but sending you a ((hug)) and hope you feel better soon. xx

hi the port thing is normal if i lean on my tummy mine is still tender but has got better, the chest thing may be because u have eaten to much also things are still settling i still get the occasional tugging feeling as my internal stitches inbed in and adhere

Thank you, I think because its all so new, when you get a weird feeling, it makes you worry.

I am very burpy this morning, which could be the sign of eating too much too quick. I think I will abstain till lunchtime.

Glad to hear port thing is normal....my band was done without the stitches. That is how my surgeon likes to do it. With the Mid Band that I have, it is not necessary apparently, and he prefers not to. He did give me a reason at the initial consultation but I cannot remember why...

Hi Caz,

I think you might have trapped wind under your band. I have felt like what you decribed a few times. As for the port, I don't notice it until I either lay on it in bed or bend that way to switch a plug on or something and then its like 'right, that'll be the port then!'. I'm sure its all fine but if you are worried ring yor hospital and speak to someone before you have your fill as you dont want this uncomfort to last do you.

I have been the opposite, mind you I never had trouble going the loo before hand, I am still amazed how little we eat now and how much still comes out (sorry if your having your breakfast :eek:)...xx

Back