• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is it normal?

topsy

Hi everyone - just want to ask is it normal to feel so emotional whilst on the pre-op diet? Since Friday i could cry for Britain and win several gold medals!!! Just want to cry at anything and everything - very strange

Topsy I felt the same and anything and everything could set me off either crying or I was like a raging bull. I thinks its a combination of withdrawal symptoms and the realisation that the op is very real and not that far away. They should give you a warning sign to hang around your neck saying "warning approach at own risk"

yes that might work but then i would cry because ???????

Aww Topsy, Sorry to hear you're feeling this way but as Terri says its a great combination of everything thats happening in your life at the moment. You've changed your life style by changing the foods you would normally eat, no doubt you're trying to sort everything out for when you're in hospital plus the fact that your life is about to change dramatically once you've had the op. I think we've all been through this in one way or another and it will get better. The pre op is a rollercoaster for us all and I know I felt exactly the same. I even had doubts whether I was doing the right thing at one stage. Now I think to myself "why did you put yourself through all that stress" because I would'nt change a thing now and I don't regret all the upset one bit. Big hugs Topsy and i hope you find the next few days alot easier.

Oh Topsey it's a horrid old business.

I find I either inplode or explode or both in quick sucession! Poor kids don't know whats going on , and I'm trying really hard to be all calm and then i loose my grip on it all and need another big hug.

I think hugs are the best cure, sending you a very big sqeezey virtual hug

Thank you Gaynor and Linkii i know things are going to change dramatically i think i've been a bit tooo coool - it still feels it's going to happen to someone else daft i know

Topsy, I think we wait that long for our surgery while reading of everyone else's that it never feels like it will happen to us. When it gets close though it comes fast and furious and we have'nt a clue how to handle it. Emotions every where, sorting things for the "what ifs" making sure the family are sorted while you're gone and NO time for us to sit and get our heads round whats actually happening. You will be absolutely fine sweetheart once its over and done with. At least then you will be in control and enjoying the lighter, slimmer you.

:patback: Oh L. Big big hug. And then another one! C'mon, we'll laugh and cry at the same time. What we are doing is HUGE and it's perfectly understandable that your emotions are all over the place (I'll know what to expect). But, as the well-known saying goes, 'Time and bypass wait for no man' and before long you'll be home from hospital sipping your clear soup and feeling very good (wind permitting). So chin up sweetheart and use some of your fairy dust to twinkle away those tears. Take care, Zxx

tissues.gif

Ashouldertocryon.jpg
HOPE U FEEL BETTER SOON -
14.gif

AWE POOR YOU HUN -

Hi everyone - just want to ask is it normal to feel so emotional whilst on the pre-op diet? Since Friday i could cry for Britain and win several gold medals!!! Just want to cry at anything and everything - very strange

just wanted to say although not in tears I do feel very odd. one min buterflies then i feel like on outside looking in at someone else. Got my op this friday. Wish you well and look forward to catching up when we are on losing side.

You are ALL so wonderful - thank you I'm sending you all hugs with fairy dust because your just the best x

aww Topsy don't cry, 'cos I'll cry with anyone...am a soppy thing :eek:

I know what you mean about being 'too cool' as I was sooo calm right up to the point of getting on the table it was unbelievable :eek:
It's because we've programmed ourselves to keep a stiff upper lip in front of our loved ones, so that they're not worried...we've gotta crack at some point...mine happened the night I got home and was trying to find a comfortable spot for sleeping in bed...I was so worn out I sobbed :cry::cry:

sending you back some of that fairy dust to help you through the coming week.

love...Yvonne xx

awww bless you hun. I feel pretty much like that already due to wanting this so badly and knowing how much it is going to help me change my life i'm just very emotional.

love and hugs xxx

Thank you all again for just been there and soooo wonderful - mornings aren't too bad it's as i get through the rest of the day. Roll on Sunday then my mind can concentrate on me getting well. Sending you all loads of hugs with oodles of fairy dust to keep you all sparkling bright xx

Are you going in Saturday evening?

Bless your heart Topsy. You are a true twinkling star hun and you are going to be absolutely fine.
This is a big decision in your life, of course you are going to be emotional, but you know that we are all right here behind you and with you every step of the way.
Stop giving that fairy dust away and sprinkle some on yourself, you deserve it at the moment.

Hi

I too am on the pre op diet !!! and yes life all seems abit bizarre at the moment, i suppose like it cant go on until after I have had my operation !! Its hard isnt it ? I am getting confused with all the nutrients we need after surgery I keep having nagging doubts about whether I am doing the right thing and whether i will be able to cope after surgery and what do I need to buy etc aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

But hey we have eachother and im sure we will get the support we need from here to help us through these difficult times

BIG ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Helen
xxxxx

Hi Topsy, sorry you are feeling so emotional but as others have said, it's really normal to feel bl**dy awful when you are on such a small amount of calories.
Best wishes to you at this time Topsy

Lv Jen x

Back