• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it the Canderel

Stavros

Luton & Dunstable Post-op
Hello Everyone

This morning I had cornflakes with milk and canderel and with in a few minutes I felt really uncomfortable. I felt bloated, and could not stop yawning. My wife said I looked grey. A couple of days ago I had porridge again with canderel to sweeten. I had exactly the same symptoms. In both cases this feeling passed within ½ hour or so. I am now thinking this may be due to the canderel. Has any one else had this problem, and is the incessant yawning usual. Can any one enlighten me?:confused:

Stavros

Update

At lunchtime today I had a small tin of Heinz ravioli. 20 minutes later I had the same symptoms as this morning again with the incessant yawning; I also felt nauseous but was not sick.

Hey stavros, i think that maybe you're eating too fast? small bites and chew forever, and dont forget, no water for half hour before or after food. Hope you get sorted :)xxx

possibly too much milk and yes try and cut down on the Canderel or cut it out i knowit will be hard also as caren said slow down

I have never had a problem with any sweetners but have had problems with cornflakes and porridge.

If you look at the foods that are giving you a problem you will see that they are all carbs.
Oh and the sauce that heinz uses is quite high in sugar so be careful. It made me dump a few times before I made the connection

Cornflakes have loads of sugar in anyway then you add sweetner.Could be your tum is sensitive to carbs and makes your insulin spike.Best brekkie for you is bacon and egg with tomato.

The yawning could be your soft cue ... your tummy telling you it has had enough or not liking it xxx :wave_cry:

Hi All
Thank you all for all the feedback. I like the idear of Bacon, egg and tomatoe for breakfast!!!
i'm going to steer clear of the candele and the heinz tomato sauce in foods.
Stavros

Big an Bouncy said:
Cornflakes have loads of sugar in anyway then you add sweetner.Could be your tum is sensitive to carbs and makes your insulin spike.Best brekkie for you is bacon and egg with tomato.

I agree i always have bacon and egg at weekends or when i stay away with work.

i had a scrambled egg with a couple rashers of bacon (cut into small bits) mixed with a low fat cheddar for me tea ..................it was lovely

Back