• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is there a maximum amount of fat that cant be sucked out

jfc

would be lovely to lie down be put to sleep and wake up with 2-3 stone of flab sucked out

Anyone considering it and is there a maximum amount of fat that can be sucked out?

Debz

Cambridge Counsellor
Have had it done - two weeks ago. They took out 3.3kg of fat from my lower body (lower abdomen, inner and outer thighs and inside of my knees)

I have no idea if there is an upper limit. But my surgeon was incredibly quick to say that Liposuction wasn't a cure for obesity - and there was me thinking that they had this megaliposuction thing going on in the States where they do suck out extreme amounts.

Go on Go on, ask me questions, purlease.

jfc

Hi Debz

ok I have a few questions for you:-

1, why did you decide to have it

2, did it hurt

3, are you pleased with the results

4, How much did it cost

5, Did you have to be refered to your surgeon or can you just toddle along

6, did you stay overnight

7, how long off work did you have to take off

8, do you still have weight left to lose.

9, Are you still on Sole source?...or doing cambridge?

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Debz,

How are you keeping after it all?

They are great questions that jfc is asking.

Love Mini xxx

CD Counsellor

Brave girl:eek:

Debz

Cambridge Counsellor
1, why did you decide to have it,

mainly because I've lost 6st, but not my dreadful thighs and flabby bits, despite exercise. Frankly - I believed that I deserved better.

2, did it hurt

No - I was expecting it to, but it didn't. I asked for painkillers when I first woke up, but I think that was more of a reaction to the fact that I'd had it done. I certainly wasn't in agony. I was a bit stiff.

3, are you pleased with the results

Yep. The swelling will take a few months to go down, but the difference on my lower abdomen and my hips is terrific.

4, How much did it cost

£4800 (£3500 just to get liposuction on one area, then £500 for each extra area treated.) I had my lower abdomen, inner thighs, outer thighs, hips (included in the price of the outer thighs) and inner knees. They did a deal on the price.

5, Did you have to be refered to your surgeon or can you just toddle along

I rang the clinic on the Monday, booked my free consultation on the Wednesday, had my pre-op on the following Tuesday and the surgery on the following Tuesday. You literally just ring em up and book a free consultation.

6, did you stay overnight

Yes, I could have gone home, but I decided to have a night without the kids and spend some time in bed watching CSI.

7, how long off work did you have to take off

1 Day. I was out Wednesday lunch time and seeing customers on Thursday morning. (It's easier because I work from home I suppose.) I would have taken a couple of extra days off if I'd had to travel anywhere, but saying that, I still walked 4 miles Thursday and Friday taking my daughter to and from school.

8, do you still have weight left to lose.

I suppose I could lose another 7-14 lbs, but I'm not that bothered about the weight any more. I can get into size 12 trousers. And I'm pleased with that. I've thankfully at last grown out of the need to be 8st again. It's taken years to get to that stage.

9, Are you still on Sole source?...or doing cambridge?

I will probably always be on Cambridge Maintenance, but no I haven't done Sole Source for months. (I'm sitting here drinking a beer! - sorry)

Debz

Cambridge Counsellor
Mini said:
Hi Debz,

How are you keeping after it all?

They are great questions that jfc is asking.

Love Mini xxx

I'm absolutely fine thank you. It's great. I'm sitting here wearing size 12 trousers from Next. When the swelling has gone down I expect to have lost at least 1.5" off each thigh. I haven't been able to shift anything in 2 years, and I don't have any out of proportion bits any more. I'll never be a stick insect, but at least I'm not an odd shape any more.

DQ

Minimins Admin
So pleased it's turned out so well for you Debz and incredibly handy to have a 'lipo expert' on board :cool:

jfc

Thanks for answering my questions Debz, I am tempted to do the same when I am nearing goal.

Can I just ask one more please.

You know the fat they remove...well Ive heard they remove the fat cells so there is no way they can expand in that area again...is this true? Does that mean if you have Lipo on your tummy then if you gain weight it will go everywhere but your tummy? Or is that wishful thinking?

Well done by the way on your incredible achievement. How long did it take you to lose all that weight? But more importantly you have kept it off too...thats the hard bit (the bit I failed after losing 5 stone last year...hence starting again)

I am on Day 10 and 11 stone 13 pounds...want to get to 8.7 - 9 stone and a size 10 by October

Jennyxxx

Debz

Cambridge Counsellor
Well done on starting again, I know what that's like.

You are right, apparently, and I don't really know why, once they have treated an area with lipo the fat won't go back there if you put on weight. So the only thing I can think of is that I'd have a huge head if I gained weight again.

I lost the 6st in the first half of 2004, and although I've fluctuated like you would after holidays and Christmases, I've actually always got back to 11st. So I guess I've maintained it for 2 years, although as I said, it's gone up and down a bit. But then that's life, my weight will always go up and down a bit. Annoyingly my body seems to be happy at 11st. I would much prefer to be under 10st. I can't see me doing sole source any more - no will power left. (I've lost 16st over the years - 5st initial weight loss, 5st after 1st pregnancy, 6st after second.)

Stick with it Jenny you know it's worth it. I'm maintaining a rough size 12 at the moment. Some of that is because of the lipo. But obviously most of it is because I've lost 6st.

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Debz your an inspiration to us all
angel_tG.gif

Debz

Cambridge Counsellor
Thank you, but nah, I'm afraid I'm self centred, stubborn and just fed up with spending my money on my kids and the house and not splashing out on me. ;)

jfc

Sorry for not getting back to your sooner Debz, but you are such an inspiration. I really feel I know what I have to do when I reach goal this time to succeed.

I know why I regained the weight. Simple I ate and ate and ate just in case the food at Tesco ran out..! Seriously though I pigged out big time almost self destruct button.

I would have 2 bottles of wine in the evening...before 2005 I rarely drank (and dont now)...and then stuff my face, with all the food I didnt even get tipsy so I deserved all my weight gain...it was pure greed on my part and I am ashamed of myself.

xx

hankypants

Sorry for not getting back to your sooner Debz, but you are such an inspiration. I really feel I know what I have to do when I reach goal this time to succeed.

I know why I regained the weight. Simple I ate and ate and ate just in case the food at Tesco ran out..! Seriously though I pigged out big time almost self destruct button.

I would have 2 bottles of wine in the evening...before 2005 I rarely drank (and dont now)...and then stuff my face, with all the food I didnt even get tipsy so I deserved all my weight gain...it was pure greed on my part and I am ashamed of myself.

xx

sounds just like me!!!

pure piggery - that's my downfall - nothing else to blame

Debz

Cambridge Counsellor
Yeah and don't think I'm immune to that, because I'm not. I'm known in my family as a human dustbin, but as I'm nearer to 11st than 17st at least I've proved its possible to fight back.