• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this normal?

misscharlie

Hi Everyone. In alot of pain right now, and cant seem to keep much down. Was ok in hospital having drinks, Just fortimal make me sick a bit. But since I', home I', having difficulty with everything even drinks. In the last 3 hours I've just managed to keep half beaker cordial down. Had op on Sunday so 3 days post op

Hi misscharlie. I would recommend you contact your surgical team fairly soon. It sounds like you could have some swelling to the entrance to your pouch or a tightening. They'll be able to advise you if it is this and if you need further investigations, but so soon after your surgery I'd ring them. Best of luck. xx

Misscharlie ring the Manor, if you can't get Anna then try Ward 11. If you cant take in fluids you are going to get dehydrated and this isn't good...

Please keep us updated and i hope you're okay xx

Have give then a ring this morning thanks guys. They think its just wind, but to call back in morning if I'm still having problems. TMI I havent been for a poop since pre op, I was thinking its was kinda normal? Still in alot of pain. x

hey hun, i had problems drinking, it lasted for me about a week before i could drink with out bein in pain. try suckin on sugar free ice pops, helped me a lot and that way i stil got in som fluid also have u tried warming up ur drinks, i.e ur juice, warm goes down a lot better than cold drinks.

regarding the poop lol with me i think i was about a week or two post op before i had a poop, will be a while as ur not getting food in ur system just fluid xxxx

take some pain relief hun, calpol sugar free will do if you cant stomach the soluble paracetamol that they will have sent you home with. take the max dose every 4 hours to get the pain under control. Keep moving around as if it is trapped wind it is a sure fire way to get rid of it - and maybe try a windeze tablet (they are tiny so will go down no probs)

You must keep trying to drink. Just sip sip sip to keep hydrated.

Hope you feel better soon x

You can get chewable minty flavour windeze tablets. I found moving and also warm/hot drinks helped with the wind, in fact warm drinks still encourage my wind up...

As for the pooping, be greatful i was going 4 times a day but i was unknowingly lactose intolerant lol x

Hope you feel better soon xx

MissCharlie ask a friend or the OH to get you some ice lollies and also mini milk ice lollies. You can suck them they'll refresh your mouth and at least with the mini milk you are getting some milk in. Hope you are feeling a little easier today, as soon as that wind starts shifting it does get easier i promise xx

I hope your feeling better soon hunni xx

I lived on ice lollies for the first couple of weeks, I also had alot of pain for at least the first 4 weeks, it does pass eventually, but can be real agony. Remeber you have had major surgery and have to heal, this takes time.

Obviously if you are concerned and believe it to be something more serious get in contact with the professionals x

Back