• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What is this, graphic so please don't read if you will be offended

madstaffyblonde1

http://tickers.wlsurgery.
I am now nearly 5 weeks post op and have been doing so well, I went onto blended foods at 2 weeks and was fine but on Wednesday I had some spag bog that my hubby had left on the cooker, as soon as I had it I realised what I had done but it was to late, by 12 on Thursday I was admitted to hospital as I couldn't keep anything down even though I had been sick so many times. I had a swallow test done, xrays and it showed no blockage, i was still being sick on Saturday and so had lollys for fluids moving onto baby foods later on and everything seemed fine UNTILL Sunday I had watered down juice for breakfast as normal but after I felt so sick I ran to the bathroom with what felt like my throat on fire, all that came up was really thick jelly like phelm and it kept coming up making me eve quite badly but no juice came back, that stayed firmly where it should in my pounch, after bringing up loads of this jelly stuff I was fine and able to drink fluids no problem. I have just had my dinner as just after I got this burning sensation again in my throat I thought it was because I had eaten to much but again this thick jelly came up it is that thick it struggles to go down the plug hole even with the water running.

What is it and how do I stop it?

Hiya,
err not really sure but it does'nt sound very nice because you have burning in the back of your throat could it be acid only a guess. I think if it carries on would go to the doctors or back to walsall. I know that lanzaprol(i think thats the name of the antasid) doe'nt suit everyone. Not much help but let us know how you get on. Janey:D

Not sure Linda. Was going to suggest that it could be the barium drink that you had, but if the swallow test showed there was no blockage then I would have expected the Barium to be all gone now.

Otherwise, as Janey has said, because you have described burning it could be acid. Have you been taking the lansoprazole the past couple of days while you have been sick?

Sorry i'm not going to be much help either but didn't want to read and run. It does sound as if its a reflux/acid type problem remember too that at your stage post op foods are a bit of trial and error. Some foods you have tolerated before will make you sick/dump at some point but not at others and same with new foods. If worried or in any doubt call your team to double check. Hope you feel better soon sorry i couldn't be of more help xx

If I were you I would wait till the doctors tell you what it is because I am sure they know more about this than us. Hope it all gets sorted soon.

I cant help, sorry as I am pre op but I hope you get it sorted soon. x

I have been having the antacid tablets, I used to take them every morning with my adcal but while I was in hospital they wouldn't give them to me and by the time I got home on Friday it was tea time so had if then. If it carrys on I will give my gp a call and I think i might give the orange juice a miss in the morning and have half a baby rusk instead yum yum ;)

if it is acid why would the food stay down and just this jelly stuff come up our bodys are amazing at times

Hi

I suggest speaking to your doctor about post nasal drip caused by acid reflux.

i have the same stuff at the back of my throat every couple of days especially in the morning.

i have a nasal spray to help the symptoms but it can be aggrivated by dust/pollen/ so on so on

The jelly type stuff is when your body over produces saliva. I bring this slime up but cannot fetch up food. You get this if you have eaten something of the wrong texture, too fast or your body just does not like it!
Hope it settles soon.
x

Thank you all for the advise well after the last few days being sick all the time some mentioned it could be acid reflux so i thought about what i was eating and drinking, for breakfast i normally have a glass of orange juice watered down but this morning I changed this for a farleys rusk in semi skimmed milk went down fine and stayed down was doing fantastic untill i had some sf squash and immediatley it came back but a coffee stayed down, Im now just sticking to plain water as i seem to bring up any cold drink i try even flavoured water :( I then thought I would have a boveril drink as I had been so ill the last few days but the look of it made me gag so that went down the sink, for dinner I had 2 melba toast with salmon spread on yum yum, for tea i had smoked haddock, potatos, 1 sprig of brocolli and 2 carrots with loads of parsley sauce fork mashed. I managed 2 small spoons of fish in the parsley sauce and i got the full pain but like normal i pushed it and had another spoon, it was so yummy but i paid the price for it i never got to taste the mash or veg.

I went to the doctors today to sort out my medication, i also told him about my throat being sore he confirmed that i had a swollen throat and that it could be from beign sick so much but more likely to be a viral infection but never gave me anything for it just told me to drink lots of fluids which wont be a problem at the moment as im constantly thirsty, im now wondering if i attually had a infection which was not connected with the bypass but as i was only 4 weeks post op immediatley thought it was. My doctor also weighed me today and i have lost 3 stone exactly, before my op my goal was i wanted to be around 16 stone when i went on my holidays on 21st june, I currently weigh 15 stone 6lbs so now im aiming for the 14 stones :)

And finally.......
I saw it today :), i noticed that i had lost alot of weight and even though i say it myself i look bloody fantastic :) I went swimming today and did half and hour constant gentle frog style swimming, i really enjoyed it but after the half hour i felt a little pain so immediatley got out the pool. I cant remember the last time i went swimming which is a sport i love but was to embarassed to go, not only was my smallest costume to big for me but i caught a glimpse of myself and was very happy with what i saw. I will see how i feel tomorrow, if i feel ok i will do another half an hour but if i ache a little i will leave it for a day.

Am I eating enough as I cant seem to get anymore in, Im now 5 weeks post op and on a typical day I will have:
1 farley rusk with ss milk
1 coffee
unlimited squash (changed to plain water)
cooked meal fork mashed with lots of sauce can manage 2-3 small spoons
2 melba toast with either salmon ir crab paste on

I used to get the same frothy saliva coming up if I ate bread or got something stuck.I think it's normal hun;):D

Sorry to hear you are not feeling to good, i have had the burning in my throat since having the op a week and half ago, my team told me it is acid reflux and prescribed me to get some nexium sachets had to get a script from gp, since using them i am a lot better and am able to get things down.
Hope you are feeling better real soon huni.

Back