• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is this pain normal

stuckinafatsuit

POPPED THAT FAT SUIT!
Hi all
had my sleeve done monday afternoon and i can only lay on my back in bed and getting out is really painful. tummys swollen and painful and a bit distorted, and coughing and sneezing is a killer. is this normal?? (wound sites look fine though)
Please let me know how much pain you were in and for how long afterwards
Kim

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
I was in pain for 10days, exactly the way you describe. Just think what you have had done ... even though there is not much to see on the outside, inside you have had MAJOR surgery & you are only very newly post op. Keep on with your pain meds & ring your team if you are at all concerned, but it all sounds about right to me. Chin up sweetie, it will get better xxx :wave_cry:

luckyla

stuckinafatsuit said:
Hi all
had my sleeve done monday afternoon and i can only lay on my back in bed and getting out is really painful. tummys swollen and painful and a bit distorted, and coughing and sneezing is a killer. is this normal?? (wound sites look fine though)
Please let me know how much pain you were in and for how long afterwards
Kim

Hi Kim

Please don't worry as how you're feeling is perfectly normal. It took me about 4-6 weeks before I could lay on my side after my surgery (sleeve). Walking/moving about was also really painful.
Now almost 7 months later everything's healed and I wouldn't know I'd had it done :) (apart from the fact I can eat hardly anything!).
It will get better xxx

emmalouise1989

X Emma X
Hi, wouldn't worry, im nearly 4 weeks post op and this morning is the first time I was able to sit up out of bed without crippleing pain!, and I still cant sleep on my sides, but its getting better, past few weeks I have had awegill pain to my left side of abdomen which they said is normal and while some of us suffer worse with it, some don't experience that pain.
But it will go in time as the insides heal more x
X
Emma