• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this right.....I'm hungry!!!!!!

caroline4013

I had my band fitted a week ago tomorrow and feel as though I have made a quick recovery. However, I 'think' I'm feeling hungry, either that or I am just dissatisfied with what I'm eating. :sigh:

Is this right?????
I am really scared that my band isn't going to work for me :(
Today, I have had a chocolate slimfast for breakfast, 2 mugs of homemade chicken soup and a very naughty bowl of vanilla icecream, 2 large cups of tea and several glasses of low cal squash

Thanks for reply to my other post :) but you know I think how you feel is how I thought I would feel... Hoping some experienced people will reply to your q so I can check!! Have you had dietician and fill appt yet? Mine came today... Scared to death xxx

Yes, I've got my dietician on 18th August and have tried to change fill appt as I am flying to Venice on same day, but, apparantly diary for September not available yet?
When have you got your fill?

Yes as the swelling eases you will get hungry, and you can either put yourself on a strict diet now to get that loss going or sit back and wait until restriction kicks in, which may not even be until after your second fill.....why wait...seize the moment and practice restraint...and ditch the ice cream! X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I think I'm just bored of my choices Jo, and I've had a quiet day at home today.......need to keep busy I think and also get the kids to finish off the ice cream!!!!!

caroline4013 said:
I think I'm just bored of my choices Jo, and I've had a quiet day at home today.......need to keep busy I think and also get the kids to finish off the ice cream!!!!!

It's no easier when at goal.....daughter just made chocolate buns....aaaaaargh!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I'm still not feeling hungry at all Caroline! I have my dietician app on the 5th of August and my full date is the 30th of August at 11.40.... Iv had 3 cuppa soups today and water n i had to make myself have the last one as I didn't really want it ... Hope you feel abit better about things tomorrow xxx

queenofbelfastcity said:
Emma I have my fill on same day at 12... Are you at Dolan park? Might see you :)

Yes I am ! So yes I'd imagine I'll defiantly see you ! Although I can't imagine they'll put much in mine as he put 4 in when he did my op lol it will be nice to put a face to a name xxx

this is normal,im 3 months post op and still waiting to feel restriction after 2 fills and 5mls in my band yet ive still managed to loose 4 stone in that time,WILLPOWER is the secret,no way was i waiting to feel restriction to loose weight i want this to happen asap! when u get hungry do something to take ur mind of it,look at some online shopping of all the pretty clothes you will be wearing,works for me xx good luck you can and will do this xx

tracyt84 said:
this is normal,im 3 months post op and still waiting to feel restriction after 2 fills and 5mls in my band yet ive still managed to loose 4 stone in that time,WILLPOWER is the secret,no way was i waiting to feel restriction to loose weight i want this to happen asap! when u get hungry do something to take ur mind of it,look at some online shopping of all the pretty clothes you will be wearing,works for me xx good luck you can and will do this xx

Perfect mindset Tracy and well done :) x

thankyou jo,and you,youve done amazing xx

Hi, I don't think the lap band stops you feeling hungery. I am 4 weeks post op tomorrow and I feel hunger as normal. I have yet to have a fill and perhaps you feel fuller longer or not hungery as frequently but the band does not stop hunger, I am pretty sure of that.

Bella'sBand said:
Hi, I don't think the lap band stops you feeling hungery. I am 4 weeks post op tomorrow and I feel hunger as normal. I have yet to have a fill and perhaps you feel fuller longer or not hungery as frequently but the band does not stop hunger, I am pretty sure of that.
It did curb my hunger once I was starting to get restricted but then we are all different x

True, I have always still had hunger - as soon as I came round from the op I was hungry.

The trick is recognising real hunger vs head hunger and eating foods that will keep you fuller for longer ;)

It's weird isn't it Caroline because although we were banded on the same day im still not hungry at all really ... Hope you've had a better day today xxx

Agree with Emma, it's really odd - not hungry yet either but I think I should be?? Old habits die hard I guess read other forums where people are starving 24 hours post op "bander hell" they call it - I am still on holiday and not at normal life really so guess if I was back to work rushing around I might be hungry... At min still mooching - hope today is better xxx

I do think it's all about keeping busy for me, I've had a quiet week at home but, next week will be different. I've weighed myself today and am 20lbs down since the 18th July and so am thrilled with that.
Got a Tesco delivery coming later today so I am going to make a few different soups, I was at catering college for 4 years and cooking is my passion. I have promised to cook some meals for my Mum this weekend.......she has a party next week and I'm just wondering how I'm going to go about tasting the food to check its ok????

Back