• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Isn't it funny..

See how easy decisions are with a coin! Fate is a strange thing, like when you go on holiday to the middle of nowhere and bum in to someone you know, the chance of that meeting at that time is so slim but it happens.
I tossed a coin to go ahead with my sleeve and i cant wait!

At least you can tell your consultant you have made a decision!!!!

Sleeve is a good decision! But I'm still having second thoughts about it and wondering if a bypass would be better.. I'm worried there's a little lee way with a sleeve because there's no dumping if you eat something you shouldn't - so can I trust myself to not eat the forbidden if there are no consequences! Maybe the fact that I'm doubting the coins decision means I should go with a bypass and that's the one I actually want...

I was just sitting thinking how funny it is that the NHS send you on a weight management course to better our understanding of weight loss surgery to ensure we understand the changes etc - but if your bmi is over 50 you apparently don't need that information and just go straight through for surgery. I don't have a problem with that at all - I just wondered where the logic is in that method of thinking!
Hi

It is strange that different health authorities work differently. My BMI was over 50 - but I had to go through the same process as everyone else and it took almost two years. As for which choice of surgery, I went back and forth between wanting the bypass and the sleeve and my surgeon helped me make the decision which was the bypass. So trust your instincts - but also get your surgeon to help you make your decision X

Last edited:
Ah so you see the coin proved really you do know what you want! Do you want to do best of three??? Best of three usually tells you what you really do want !
I've got my pre op tomorrow..I hate hospitals I get that white coat syndrome and my pulse goes mad!!

Hi Birdie and Karr
Well here goes, last night I did it 3 times, and it was the Sleeve so hay o but deep down this is what I wanted, just needed a push in the right direction.

Good luck for tomorrow karr, and also good luck Birdie on what you decide, maybe you have already deep down know what you want, with the Bypass.
Lets see what happens with the coin this time.

Hugs to both of you

Thanks Elaine! Glad you've made your choice! Was going to do the second and third toss myself but figured I should start and finish with the same coin. To be 1000% honest I think I would be happy with either. If my surgeon said to me that a sleeve would suit me best I'd say that will do thank you! ;
;-)

Hi Birdie
yes I totally agree, if the surgeon tells us what to do that's fine by me.

When are you having your next appointment do you know, just told me sometime in September.

Not sure when my next appt is, sometimes I feel like I'm in no mans land at the moment - just waiting! I think like Harley_Q I might get a questionnaire and food diary to complete! Oh well we will see..

Hi Birdie
Are you still seeing your Dietitian the 3 month one, she gave me my questionnaire and food diary to take to the hospital. I have to fill it in, and take it with me to show the consultant in September. Worth giving them a ring.
Because you should be going in in October all been well, maybe you don't need one.

Ah that's good to know - I think I'll email my dietician this morning and just ask her if she's going to give it to me. I'm seeing her again 26sept right before warts and all seminar. So I know my hospital appointment won't be before then! Feels like a forever wait! :-(

Right, ive done best of three, two tails one head...thats still a sleeve!! I wouldnt mention the coin of fate to the consultant he might have you detained!! Glad we sorted this out for you lol!!!!

Right, ive done best of three, two tails one head...thats still a sleeve!! I wouldnt mention the coin of fate to the consultant he might have you detained!! Glad we sorted this out for you lol!!!!

Thanks Karr! I think I'll keep the coin tossing discussion on here ! Lol! The only place where people don't judge! :)

Hi Birdie
I now what you mean, its like jumping through loops all the time. So after the warts and all seminar, then you will see the Surgeon and Dietitian maybe the week after. I saw the Dietitian one week then the Surgeon week after, then they had a meeting where they talk about you, this was 3rd week then they rang to say I could have the operation same week.
But my appointment would be in September, because I need to loose 10% of my weight.

Maybe you will have the same scenario.
Hope all goes well with the Dietitian today. XXX

Hi Birdie I now what you mean, its like jumping through loops all the time. So after the warts and all seminar, then you will see the Surgeon and Dietitian maybe the week after. I saw the Dietitian one week then the Surgeon week after, then they had a meeting where they talk about you, this was 3rd week then they rang to say I could have the operation same week. But my appointment would be in September, because I need to loose 10% of my weight. Maybe you will have the same scenario. Hope all goes well with the Dietitian today. XXX

Thanks Hun! I'm just feeling fed up today! Honestly you can't get a straight answer out of anyone - do they even realise how this stuff affects our blood pressure!! :'(

No They don't care, Birdie we are just a number to them. I found once you had the warts and all seminar things started to get a bit better, least then you are in the hospital system. Untill then you are only with the Dietitian, and if like mine its useless,but we have to keep going because it part of the package.

Huge Hugs XX

Back