• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It takes humungous testicular fortitude...

phatmomma

Let me start this post with a little pre amble.....

New years day i was sick as a dog, barfing etc etc. I had my adoring husband who wanted to look after me but god i felt like something the dog trod in (well actually i dont have a dog so am guessing). That day and the following couple of days i felt awful even tho Trev was there to soothe any worries (he is an ex nurse) and there to talk to when i felt like it and this got me to thinking....

For someone to go for any kind of surgery, yet along wls which takes away the comfort that has invariably given us all support during our lives they must have 'humungous testicular fortitude'. To know that they've gotta go home and be on their own with nobody just to ask a simple question off or just to talk about an ache or something bothering them must be flipping hard....

So now following my ramblings, i just want to say to Mandy that i think you've done incredibly well. Like all of us you have questions and worries but you had the balls to do something so big almost virtually alone (apart from us your cyber family) and you're coming out the other side!

WELL DONE MANDY! YOUR GONNA BE A SUPERSTAR! XX

Its posts like this one that make me feel proud to be a memeber of minis x x x x xx

Thanks Terri i like to give praise where it is due.... xx

I was talking to mandy on the phone this afternoon and i 2 told her that i think in the past few weeks she has come along in leaps and bounds and she should be proud of her achievements and post them on here for all to see x

Here here x

Terri how do you get that weight graph up please

When you update your ticker if you enter in the date it will bring up the graph thingy on another page and then you can edit all the other dates and then there should be a bb code that you can copy and paste onto your signature space(I think by memory it seems like such a long time ago )

Julie...you could have taken the words right out of my mouth!!!
I think that Mandy should be incredibly proud of herself, I for one wouldnt have managed half as well as she has if I were on my own and I am also very proud of the fact that she feels able to post her worries and questions on this lovely forum and I for one hope that she continues to do so.
Good on ya Mandy, other people forget that youre doing this technically on your own, that is probably why they are being negative with you but as you can see, there is DEFINATELY more love for you here than you know xx
Keep on the way you have been honey, we are here for you xx
Steph xx

awwww that is soooo sweet but sooo true Mandy has done so well and struggled through and i along with everyone else am very proud of her for sticking with it and doing so well :worthy: :happy096:

wow thanks guys that means alot to me.
im a worrier as you know and i do worry about posting,dont want people thinking im looking for attention. its not that,im on my own here so like to get reassurance from people. also had a crap life and been treated badly and it helps to bounce things of you guys.
julie,youve been so kind to me thankyou,love our chats and think your so kind and lovely. xxx

Even when you are not on your own like me hubby and 3 kids I still need you guys to help me when i need advice support or just a chat we all do. I have loved every minute no matter whether you told me what i wanted to hear or not (you know who you are lol)
Thanks and keep posting everyone

I enjoy our chats to Mandy, keep on posting and remember this, while your asking what you think is a silly question...

YOUR SAVING ME DOING IT LATER XX

lovely comments and so true. Well done mandy we all knew you could do it. Keep up good work XxX

Back