• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It was worth the fight !

Hi I have just joined the sight, its great to see so many people helping each other. Thats really what you need, support!
I had my stomach bypass 6 weeks ago, not a day has passed that I have regretted it. I had to fight for my op, my pct in Walsall were not funding anyone, even though we have an excellent surgeon in Walsall who has people coming from all over he country coming to see him. To cut a long story short, I contacted my local MP and with his help (it took 6 months) we won our fight and now many more people in Walsall are getting the funding.
I am still bblending my food and if anyone has any suggestions of what I can eat that doesn't taste of 'slop' they would be truly welcome!
For anyone who has the op, keep intouch with the other patients going through the same, I met 2 wonderful ladies who became really good friends and without the support we have given each other I know things would have been a lot harder. After care isnt up to much so having people who have gone through the same thing is invaluable.
Hope to make more friends on the sight but for now... ta ta

Hi emma you are so brave to go through with the op and have lost such alot of weight so far. just wishing you a good rest of your journey. are you aloud spicy food blended or do you have to be carefull?

Hi
It sounds brave but really was easy. I started on clear soups for 4 weeks and then 4 weeks of pureed food. Have had one or two probs if the food isnt sloppy enough but it hasnnt been too bad. Its helps not being hungry. I eat because i know I have to not because I am hungry. Spicy food doesn't seem to be a problem but havent tried that much. If all else has failed I certainly think this is the answer. I feel as though I have been given a magic wand !!

Em

Last edited:
Hope you fine something tasty to eat soon. Well done on getting the op on the Nhs. It want be long the speed your going, till you get to your ideal weight.

hi emma i had my bypass on the 1st of feb... i must admit i was on liquids for around 2 weeks then two weeks purees but now i eat normallish food, somethings are easier than others, i found kids ready meals at tesco shaped like mickey mouse heads lol.... but they are just the right size... my favs are creamy chicken and rice and spag and meatballs. i have mince, tuna fish, chicken etc... its trial and error tho... i can eat one slice of toast but not normal bread yet... i eat walkers baked low fat crisps and lots of fruit as snacks. i eat normally just really small portions of it... what are u eating??? you should be really proud of yourself for fighting the good fight for others to gain the freedom from addiction to food that weve been given... good on you.... i still get hungry but i get satisfied much quicker!!! ur right about support!! after my op i was in a ward wiv 4 other girls who had the same op and wev remained in contact... this website is good too!!!!
Donna x

Hi Donna
You are doing really well ! I did liquids for 4 weeks and this will be my 3rd on puree, I am trying the odd thing ie toast occaissionaly but it usually gives me terrible pains. But I keep on trying. I think for some it is a slow road but you are doing fab!!! I will have a go at the kids meals. I dont get hungry at all, sometimes I want food but am never hungry, I just eat because I know I have to. Must drink more as I know I am lacking in that dept. The thing I miss more than most is a quick snack, if you arent organised you have had it, fruit is still getting stuck so have to rely on yoghurt.
Where did you have your op? Do you feel back to normal again now?

Hi I have just joined the sight, its great to see so many people helping each other. Thats really what you need, support!
I had my stomach bypass 6 weeks ago, not a day has passed that I have regretted it. I had to fight for my op, my pct in Walsall were not funding anyone, even though we have an excellent surgeon in Walsall who has people coming from all over he country coming to see him. To cut a long story short, I contacted my local MP and with his help (it took 6 months) we won our fight and now many more people in Walsall are getting the funding.
I am still bblending my food and if anyone has any suggestions of what I can eat that doesn't taste of 'slop' they would be truly welcome!
For anyone who has the op, keep intouch with the other patients going through the same, I met 2 wonderful ladies who became really good friends and without the support we have given each other I know things would have been a lot harder. After care isnt up to much so having people who have gone through the same thing is invaluable.
Hope to make more friends on the sight but for now... ta ta

Hiya Emma

I think you have been extremely brave hun, good luck with your journey.

Ness x

hi emma,
had my op done at uch in london, how about you?? its def trial and error wer trying new foods are concerned, i find my quick snacks tend to be either cereal like frosties yum yum lol or low fat crisps and go ahead choc bar. i get the little boxes with small peices of fruit in them and i chew religiously. i had a peice of chicken get stuck, oh my lord the pain!!! so im a good chewer now lol!!
some thing still give me pain wen i eat them, its normally the food thats good for me!! so ur right to keep on trying, my surgeon says u have to persevere cos it does get easier with time!!
im different i do get hungry and sometimes i get the urge to eat as i did but my friendly alien (my new pouch) just wont let me!!! and im thankful for that. food just isnt as important as it was is it??
have u tried mince yet? i made mine into a bolognaise and had it with mash it was wonderful!!! wen do u go onto solids???
Donna xx

Hi Donna
I keep trying things and your right, the pain when it doesnt work is awful!!I had shepherds pie a few times, but havent tried it yet without blending the mince. Fish pie was nice too with plenty of parsley sauce and mash, cant live on that forever though can we :confused:. I had some boiled egg the other day which was fine yet today it killed me.
I should start solids 4th Aprl but have already started trying . Dont think that hurts really but need to be a bit more patient with myself. Its a slow journey but I know it will be worth it! I think I am going to get some strawberries today and have a go at them. :D

Back