• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Itchy gggrrrrrr

joey80

Hi all, i had a band through keyhole surgery on sun n where the wounds r healing the skin is reallly itchy n i cant scratch :(
does or did ne 1 else have this? xx

Not from personal experience, but know that any wound itches when healing. Do you feel it is more than just mother nature doing her thing? :confused:

i think it is cause of tha, it driving me crazy at the mo n im scared i might scratch in my sleep :( xx

If it is normal healing, not wet not leaking I am sure it is fine ... no scratching though, is it not covered with a dressing? If you are worried about scratching it in your sleep, wear gloves. Not nice but better than scratching a new wound :eek: xxx

there no weeping on them, 2 is covered but 3 aint, between them n the stocking itching ill b going mad lol xx

Know what you mean ... my leg drove me mad while it was in plaster & now I have had the plaster off it is even worse :eek::eek: My situation is different though as I have no open wounds so am using E45 itch cream by the bucket, so much so I am in danger of sliding out of bed, lol. I am thinking your itch is normal but I am sure someone will be able to tell you soon ... xxx :):wave_cry:

The itching is caused by the nerve ends healing.
Its perfectly natural.
A trick I was told years ago is to scratch somewhere else and the itch moves.
Let me know if it works for you :D

it does work cause tha wha i been doing lol, im scratching near the wound n it seems to b working lol xx

My wounds are healing nicely apart from one which is a bit weepy and I am keeping a dressing on that one. However the itching is almost driving me insane also. I will try scratching my leg or bum and see it that works. Thanks for the tip :D

My wounds are healing nicely apart from one which is a bit weepy and I am keeping a dressing on that one. However the itching is almost driving me insane also. I will try scratching my leg or bum and see it that works. Thanks for the tip :D

Try not to scratch your bum in public, Mandy ... lol :D:D:D

:D:D:D yes think I will have to be careful :D:D:D. At the moment I am trying to scratch the dog but she is avoiding me now :D:D:D

Not sure scratching the dog is what Wendy had in mind, lol ... you must be really going for it if the dog does not like it ... poor thing (you & the dog, lol) xx :D:D

Back