• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's nearly my turn

beepbeepcat

:D
After so many years of trying and failing loosing weight and then gaining more, refusal after refusal I've seen a surgeon today! Mr Byrne at Spire Soton.
He was lovely made me feel that I was doing the right thing and it would enhance my life expectancy. Best thing is it's going to be before Xmas, so I'm well on the way. I am confident I'm going to be able to achieve a better std of life for myself plus my family and finally feel part of society. Although i am having to tell a lie to friends, work colleagues and family about the operation as I feel they would get on the bandwagon of you just need to diet. I know how I feel but unless you have done this kind of journey you can't really judge someone's life. I'm under no illusions that this is an easy option as I know people who have gone through this so I'm kind of prepared. I want to live my life not just cower behind a closed door in a dark room away from people (which I do). Thing is no one really knows me, I seem bubbly and happy but I'm not its all a front however I think I could be in time.

Could anyone tell me what sort of weight loss someone of my weight would loose in 4 months please

Hello and well done on finding us and making the changes to your life , its up to you who you tell and how you go about changing your life
im a bypasser of just over a year and im 13 stone lighter weight lose is very different for each person but you could lose loads if you follow the pre/post surgery diet so its hard to say but whatever you lose had to be a good thing doesnt it ?!
Very good luck

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I just think that the more people I hear from it makes me feel not alone if that makes sense....!?

Of course it makes sense! People dont always understand how we get to this point, its not just all about over eating but thats the most obvious outward sign that people see its about the "head junk" that gets you where you are then something gives you a kick up the butt, bad joints bad health or just plain fed up of been who you are
as long as you know why your doing this and realise its a tool that you have to work with to get the maximum out of it blow others! I only told my family and work mates 1 week before the op and onky some friends ( those I see the most often) and I personally dont regret any of it

Last edited:
Thank you for being honest I sometimes think that the box I'm in is where I will always be but I want to break out.....some of the questions I have are stupid but I need to know these things to make sense of it all...

Belive me when I say no question is stupid at some point we have wondered about something and someone will have an answer(s) for you or someone else will swing by so ask away !

I know what you mean I work in a garage booking people into fix cars, the lads keep saying to me you just need to walk more do more excersize I've never been a normal size but they don't get the pain of arthritis at 35 !!! I've manage working hard to do 13661steps today and I'm in sooooooooo much pain aching stiff and soar it's just not as easy as that ?

:D
After so many years of trying and failing loosing weight and then gaining more, refusal after refusal I've seen a surgeon today! Mr Byrne at Spire Soton.
He was lovely made me feel that I was doing the right thing and it would enhance my life expectancy. Best thing is it's going to be before Xmas, so I'm well on the way. I am confident I'm going to be able to achieve a better std of life for myself plus my family and finally feel part of society. Although i am having to tell a lie to friends, work colleagues and family about the operation as I feel they would get on the bandwagon of you just need to diet. I know how I feel but unless you have done this kind of journey you can't really judge someone's life. I'm under no illusions that this is an easy option as I know people who have gone through this so I'm kind of prepared. I want to live my life not just cower behind a closed door in a dark room away from people (which I do). Thing is no one really knows me, I seem bubbly and happy but I'm not its all a front however I think I could be in time.

can really relate to that . ! congrats and but next summer you should be healing and able to enjoy the summer a lot slimmer good timing i think . x

Congratulations BeepBeep! Its so cool that you'll be getting your surgery soon, are you excited?
I have only been on this site for a few days but i've been addicted and have read through so many posts and i can say that people on here seem so so friendly. Im sure soon that you will be one of the people that noobs like me come to with questions you consider stupid now but in the future you will know are necessary to ease peoples minds. so i would say dont worry about asking anything, Even if you think its stupid. Everyone on here has either gone through what you're about to go through or are going to be going through it so im sure everyone understands! :)

Congrats on getting your appointment. Mr Byrne is lovely isn't he - he puts you at rest rather than being aloof and condescending.

I'm seeing him later today..on the table. EEK!

Hope all is well looking forward to hearing from you x

hi beep cat looks like we are at the same stages except mine will be way after xmas since you with NHS aswel i would be interested to know how long before surgery you will receive your date x

Last edited:
Back