• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

somethinks wrong?!!!

Hi i to have a leak have you had this before the hospital group did mine they have messed me about i am devasted feel so low been through all this and now nothing they take your money so fast but when theres a problem they close rank how can they treat people so badly xxx

so i have news!

Hi i went back to have a xray contrast fill today....and.... where my tubing links to my actual band round the top of my stomach i found out it is leaking the surgeon said hes done over 300 band ops and it has never happened b4!! How unluckey am i!! I am so P*****ed off with it all now hes finding out from the band manufactuer if they will pay if they dont then he will try nhs as, as from today my local nhs hospital have started doing band revisions and have more funding for this type of bariatric work . Im gonna try to explain this bear with me if i was a new car and during the warranty you get with the car at first a fault happens say the clutch because a fault has happened in the warranty period it really should be covered once it runs out because its a ongoing fault. if i hadnt had two replacement port ops in my first two years i would of got up to proper restriction sooner so when i hit 11.5mls ( it seemed that 11.5ml was enough for the band) after the nearly two years of having my band it was out of my period of aftercare that wasnt my fault i had two previous leaks? So im hoping fingers crossed i will get it sorted at no cost because from the beginning ive had probs just have to wait and see now hes gonna call me next week to let me know some news! x

Hi Alison

Wow I dont know what to say really, they know what it is 'again' and they can sort it but goodness me lets hope they do sort it out soon for you - at no cost x x x

I hope this is sorted soon. I am having the same procedure on 13th June to find out what has happened to my band. Luckily I will not have to worry about paying for it.

tranquil x

Hi I've had really bad sickness due to the contrast fill it's been coming back up slowly and both mornings since my contrast fill I've been sick now pinkey colour see if you can ask what colour the contrast is so I know if it really was the contrast. I phoned the surgeon yesterday he said because of the leak it prob was the contrast but I had nothing to worry about I took gavascon tablets that's all we had how disgusting are they! It's like toffee on your teeth took ages to get rid of any way because of the contrast being a bit thicker than saline it's stayed in my band longer so I have tip top restriction for 5 mins so when it goes I'm gonna try to pretend to believe I still have restriction it's a bit like self hyptonosis! I know I'm mad but if it keeps the lbs off then its no harm in trying!x goog luck with your xray fill let me know how you get on!x

I am so sorry to read you have been so ill. Not what you need on top of everything else. I hope you feel better soon:hug99:

tranquil x

sounds like you've had a right time of it. stay possitive and hopefully it will all be sorted for you soon x

I know the band has been so good for some people but reading stories like these make me grateful for my bypass, even with the gallstones! I know any weight loss surgery comes with risks but what you're going through sounds plain awful! I hope it gets sorted quickly and at no cost to you. Good luck!

Hi just wanted to keep people updated really for my benefit went to hospital today ive been sick every day since my contrast fill i was up for 2 and a half hours last night went in to work but went straight home just exhausted and feeling sick still.I called the hospital they said i needed a defill i was keeping food and drink down but a very small amount. I went in they took out half a ml wow what a difference that makes much better not been sick since looking foward to my dinner tonight now! I also got some liquid gavascon which (apart from the price which i wont even go there!) has really helped the nurse said the sickness was due to acid reflux on the band being too tight the contrast has stayed in my band even though its leeking as it is a thicker solution and seems to be doing its job and holding out! So my message to you is dont suffer even if you are loosing weight (i think ive lose about 6lbs since Thursday!) the acid from the sickness will do more damage eventually so not too tight ladys and gents!!!xx

Poor you. I must admit I have been very unwell since I had the CT scan and I am sure it is a reaction to the contrast. I still have the barium x ray to go through. I hope things improve for you soon.

tranquil x

tranquil_butterfly said:
Poor you. I must admit I have been very unwell since I had the CT scan and I am sure it is a reaction to the contrast. I still have the barium x ray to go through. I hope things improve for you soon.

tranquil x

What have your symptoms been sorry to hear you have been unwell too!x

I have been feeling nauseous. When I eat nothing stays in my system for long - tmi I know. I have had little or no energy whereas prior to the test I was feeling really energised. My sleep pattern has gone. I am very bloated and my blood pressure has been higher than usual - I take a reading everyday.

It may be down to my band as well. The pain I have has been a lot worse since the test. Having to drink that two pints of water before the test really hurt.

I am hoping the barium x ray will reveal what is going on.

tranquil x

tranquil_butterfly said:
I have been feeling nauseous. When I eat nothing stays in my system for long - tmi I know. I have had little or no energy whereas prior to the test I was feeling really energised. My sleep pattern has gone. I am very bloated and my blood pressure has been higher than usual - I take a reading everyday.

It may be down to my band as well. The pain I have has been a lot worse since the test. Having to drink that two pints of water before the test really hurt.

I am hoping the barium x ray will reveal what is going on.

tranquil x

Did the contrast fill not reveal what's going on mine showed a clear leek where the tubing connects with the band at the top not the port area?x

I do have to say I have these symptoms too it's been horrible feeling much better now did they leave the contrast in your band it's a thicker solution so it stays in the band much longer if there's a leek?x

The CT scan was not looking at the band. That test will be on Monday. I have a lump and the scan was to look at that. It may be a hernia or an adhesion from the op. Whatever it is, it is getting bigger. The dye was injected into a vein. Given how I feel now I am not looking forward to Monday, other than I hope it will answer what is going on.

I hope we both feel better soon!

Best wishes

tranquil x

thanks

So gald they are sorting it out for you, sounds like you have been through the mill. It really helps other people when things like this are posted so very grateful for your blogs x
im glad my post is of use if anyone else is in this situation then it may give them comfort from having a bit of knowledge hopefully what me and tranqual are going through are rare cases and having the drastic band is still the best thing ive ever spent my money on!!

Back