• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've been eating all day long!

simplylucy

It really feels like I've been eating all day long today. :eek:

Todays menu went like this!

Breakfast - readybrek, very runny, about 8 teaspoon fulls.

Snack - Very tiny scrambled egg.

Lunch - 1/4 of a can of chicken and veg casserole (pureed)

Snack - 1/3 of a muller light yoghurt.

Tea - 3 x teaspoons of mash and cheese and 1/4 of a can of chicken and veg casserole (pureed).

I've also drunk 2 litres so far today and I'm peeing for England, I know I haven't been drinking enough lately so I made a really effort with fluids today.

For the first time every I put the info in that myfitnessplan thingy just to see what I was having.

The results are......

Calories - 456
Carbs - 40g
Fat - 17g
Protein - 37g

I can't believe I've been eating all day long and I've only had 456 calories! :eek:

As well as the fluids I must try and up my protein.

I'm thinking the fat looks a bit high? I did have an egg and cheese and I use semi-skimmed milk. I could change to skimmed.

I wouldnt worry about the fat yet, you do need some fat in your diet.

Well done, looking good.:)

You probably feel like you have been eating all day because pre op, if you were anything like me, you would wosh food down without even noticing it. Its now slowly slowly slowly or pay for it.

When you write it down it sounds like a lot, but the quantities are tiny! My goodness, that is so few calories. I don't think I'm eating even that amount!

I think I'll have to look at Myfitness pal to see how much I am eating.

17g of fat in the entire day Lucy?? You probably had that in one meal pre-op!! Like LL says we need some fats in our diets.

That looks good to me.. I felt like that too in the early days & was amazed at how little calories, now I've moved onto mashed I'm not eating nearly as much & struggle to have more than 3 meals per day but guess as I head out of this stage I will again feel like I'm eating lots!

Its fab isn't it!!:D xx

Well done on getting the fluids in hun. I'm really struggling with that. Before op I would drink lots of water but now - with having to wait in between meals before drinking I can't seem to fit enough water/fluids in.

the drinking does get easier, honestly!

I agree that drinking does get so much easier. I can now drink a cup of tea in one go without thinking, a few months ago their were half drunk cups always hanging around our house.

Today, without thinking, I have drunk already, 5 cups of tea and 1 glass of fresh orange juice. Will have a horlicks with milk before bed and probably another two cups of tea. I still find it hard to drink and eat.

Lucy 8 teaspoons of ready brek?!......oh i think i had at least double that this morning....maybe i should half mine :eek:

Back