• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ive got the doctors tmrw evening..need a list of q's.....

MissyMustDoIt

serial cryer!!
so i know my referral has been refused as my BMI was 44.2 and they want it to be 45 or above....

in order to do this i need to put on 7lb....i think i may have achieved this :jelous:

im going tomorrow to discuss the outcome of the letter, see if there is anything else she suggests and also ask for...

•measure my height (this wasnt done in dec, i dont know the last time it WAS done:rolleyes:)
•weigh me.... (i hope theres another 7lb on..how bad is that:rolleyes:)
•ask for my bloods to be done on weds morning, i need to know what im asking to be tested for...diabetes,TRH.anything else?
•sleep apnea test (i dont want to be a hosehead but needs must :( )

can anyone think of anything else i should or could be asking for?

i doubt ill have chance to post until i return from the docs tomorrow but will check any replies on my phone during my commute...

your help is really appreciated, i dont get a lot of time off, so to be able to go to the docs is a one off really and i dont want to miss the opportunity!

thanks in advance....

vicki xx

Try and slouch when they do your height.
The lower your height the higher your BMI

I've been practising lol

Ill post my doctor confirmed height in a few hrs lol

hi,

well i went, felt very confident knowing what ive read on here and........still flippin cried! lol

anyway, she told me what the letter says, she has given me the paperwork for the bloods, shich will include, diabetes, TRH, cholestarol (i think)

i have an appointment with the nurse tomorrow at 9.50am (cancellation! thankgod) and should get the results in a couple of days, hopefully by mon/tues i will know if i have anything that resembles a co-morbidity.

we spoke about me knee arthritis and sciatica and she admitted she didnt put these on the referral...im hoping after the bloods and new weigh/height the referral will go through this time.

I have also got OH to measure my height and we reckon 176cm....this pushes me over the 45 BMI without any extra weight on....and i MUST have put weight on the way ive been trying for the past few days....

so, lets see what happens next!

aint no stopping me toni ;) x

good luck Missy :) my refferal goes in by friday, spose i'll have to wait forever to hear lol xxx

good luck Missy :) my refferal goes in by friday, spose i'll have to wait forever to hear lol xxx

my last referral went in on the 31/12....and they replied on the 4th...hope its that quick for you hun!

Good luck girls ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

ive seen the nurse, she took all my bloods and was REALLY nice, she didnt hurt one bit, and spoke to me about my weight and why i have asked for gastric surgery....of course, i cried!!

ive made an appointment for the 2nd feb @ 5.15pm to get the results of the bloods and weigh again...

my confirmed stats are......

height - 178cm
weight - 22.58 stone
BMI - 44.9:cry:

the elusive 45bmi has been missed by 0.1 :( BUT...the nurse said to eat a choccie biscuit lol and she will weigh me again then and she is sure that my bmi will be what is required to get a referral and she will get the doc to do the referral again,

i feel so much better speaking to her, she was lovely and really seemed to understand, she may have just been nodding at the right places lol but it made me feel better....

so...another 2 weeks to wait...if it wasnt for you guys id have given up by now...so thankyou all xxxx

Fingers crossed that you get your referral at next appointment hun x

Don't give up as i told you i was declined twice for not fitting criteria etc but here i am :) well done for being positive and making sure you had all the right questions :0 good luck with everything xx

thankyou both....i WILL meet criteria by the 2nd feb and ill argue all the way that this is the best and last option for me....as im sure youve noticed i cry a lot...this makes me forget to ask things so i have a diary and am writing things down in there to make sure i ask all the right things even if it means me giving the diary to them to read lol

i didnt expect it to be easy...but its going to be worth it in the long run!

Makes so much difference when someone is nice & appears to understand doesn't it ?
To up your BMI by 0.1 in 2 weeks is easily achievable , if not just keep all the copper you get given between now & then lol .

Or have 3 or 4 cups of free water in the doctors waiting room that's got to be half a pound easy also before you go go for a nice meal at a coffee shop :) x

Or have 3 or 4 cups of free water in the doctors waiting room that's got to be half a pound easy also before you go go for a nice meal at a coffee shop :) x

as i walked out of the doctors i thought that i could have done this, but i knew that if i only had water this morning my stomach would have grumbled so loudly id have been embarrassed so purposley didnt have any water this morning!!!

ill be close to wetting myself next time i go..for sure! lol

Morning all!! Well todays the day.....is my BMI at 45???

I have the docs/nurse at 5.15, ill be drinking water before I go in for eztra effect lol

I'm hoping that this time I meet the criteria and will be able to at least see the weight management team!! I'm also going to discuss with the nurse (if she knows anything about it) the different hospitals I can go to also,

I'm going out fir dinner with the ladies straight after so I will try and update you when I get in tonight!
So wish me luck!

Back