• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ive got the doctors tmrw evening..need a list of q's.....

absolute madness that you ave to put on more weight to get a refferal. My daughter's BMI is over 50 and she is working with the dietician who has told her she needs to loose 10% before they refer her and a further 10% before surgery.

The reason she needs a referal is because her weight has stedily and often deramatically gone up over the last few years due to comfort eating to deal wit her emotions. Loosing weight for her is a huge challenge.

Good Luck hope ur BMIs over the 45 xx

Good luck x and have a lovely night :)

hmmm...

went to see the nurse, all my bloods are back and there is nothing wrong with them, in fact she said they are that of a healthy person...there we go...one FAT healthy person!! oh well, as much as i wanted something to back up my referral request, i also didnt want to be ill...very confusing for me...

she did my weight, and my BMI is now 45.2 and this is where i am really confused.

I have eaten like a PIG! for the last 2 weeks and have only put on 1.6lbs..

this has made me think 'how did i let myself get this big!'

i walk for approx 2 hrs a day, and clearly that has been burning off all the crap i have eaten, ive felt like crap eating crisps, choc,pastries, drinking empty calories (wine) etc...

SO i have almost re-evaluated things now, should i be eating 3 meals a day and trying to get this weight off myself? have i really got to the point where i need surgery? what i would like (pfft in an ideal world) is to get accepted at the weight management level and i think that maybe, this would be official enough to make me try and lose this weight myself, having to go to the hospital every month for the 'check in'..

ive never had to put weight on, and its a good job it wasnt 7lb i needed to put on because i just cant do it,

but if i only put on 1.6lbs...i could lose that by cutting out all the stuff that funnily enough i HAVEN'T enjoyed!!!

hmm this is definatley food for thought (lol no pun intended), maybe i will do this, under the supervision of the hospital and then put it all back on again when i hit my self destruct button, but ones things for sure, i wont be purposely putting weight on ever again, i feel like poop!!

id really like to hear your thoughts on this because mine are all jumbled!!!!

xx

Well done for finally getting your BMI high enough to qualify. Now you will have months, maybe years to decide if this really is the right thing for you. In the meantime you can get on with eating healthily and losing some of that weight. At least now you have a choice, and if you can't do this by yourself then you can have the help available. x

That's a good point hun...the one thing about the waiting is I WILL have time to choose! X

well that's one hurdle dealt with isn't it :) i hope you manage to sort yourself out with any help that you get and i'm sure you will definitely put your share of the hard work in xx

hi all...sorry ive been AWOL for days...dont feel like i deserve to be here at the moment, but thought id read back on my posts to help me get a clearer picture.....

its no clearer lol

but as an update, the doctors receptionist advised me that my referral was sent off yesterday..ill wait a week before phoning..

i am lurking, and keeping up to date with peoples surgery, hope everyones ok xx

Back