• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jackie's post sleeve diary

Welcome home Jackie - great week to be in Brighton - hope you managed to get a little conference downtime to wander along the beach and enjoy a British seaside resort. Sounds like conference food was challenging but you managed to find a way and weigh loss on top of that! Good week.
Hope you recharge the batteries at the weekend and rest.
Hugs x

Thanks everyone. It was challenging but I did it, and this is life so we will always find times where the food is not the best for our choices. I am happy as I did not feel hungry at all so therefore did not feel deprived at all! it's the tiredness, please tell me this gets better! xx

I think you did really well Jackie. The tiredness is a killer though. I wish I could have a nap during the day and still sleep at night but sadly not.

Hi everyone

Week 5
Just thought I would update on what I have ate today. I am really struggling to eat anything without feeling fit to burst.
B - half Weetabix
L - tiniest half of jacket potato with some chicken and mayo topping. I ate about a third of this.
T - a table spoonful of salmon fillet and a cauliflower floret. Feel uncomfortably full with this.

This really does not seem a lot. I could fit entire meals in the bottom of a ramekin dish never mind a tea plate. Am I being impatient? I am just concerned about nutrients etc.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks
jackie

This is normal, don't worry. I was like this when I started eating normal food. Two bites...that's it. You will eat larger portions soon. I find at 5 months, some days I can eat a lot, some days not that much. Don't know why. Protein foods fills me up quickly though but I can eat a whole breast of chicken, a tuna steak easily lately.
Just follow the signals and don't force food. Stop as soon as you feel any fullness of discomfort. Take vitamins to boost intake.
Good luck.

This is normal, don't worry. I was like this when I started eating normal food. Two bites...that's it. You will eat larger portions soon. I find at 5 months, some days I can eat a lot, some days not that much. Don't know why. Protein foods fills me up quickly though but I can eat a whole breast of chicken, a tuna steak easily lately.
Just follow the signals and don't force food. Stop as soon as you feel any fullness of discomfort. Take vitamins to boost intake.
Good luck.

Thanks for your reply and for reassuring me. I am trying very hard not to compare myself to others but its hard not too isn't? I am taking a vitamin once daily, very tempted to take twice a day.
I am shocked at how little I can eat though as was told to eat a tea plate meal and I am nowhere near that!
Thanks again
Jackie
xx

Jacwat, you're doing really well at 5 weeks out. I think I was still on purée until week 6 and even then it was just a few mouthfuls. Just concentrate on putting the protein in first.

Also, I found skinny lattes helped me with my protein.

Like Tules, my intake changes day to days and the things I can tolerate changes daily too.

Just remember everything will settle.

I am the other way. It worries me how much I can eat. Today is day 24. I've had a skly protein yoghurt and a weetabix with milk for breakfast. At lunch I had a 400ml tub of lentil soup. For tea I had a a upbeat protein shake and a dairylea cheese straw. I snacked on a sugar free jelly and a Dutch bake and peanut butter. 62 gms protein and 836 calories. I worry I can eat to much for this time. No lumps and mainly liquid. It's a real head mess how we are all so different.

Hey Debs,
You are still healing so good to hear you are eating well. You are not eating too much calories either. Most of your foods are slider foods, just goes through the stomach easily. Once you eat normal food, especially meat etc, you will feel the restriction.

Good that you are to focusing on protein.

I am the other way. It worries me how much I can eat. Today is day 24. I've had a skly protein yoghurt and a weetabix with milk for breakfast. At lunch I had a 400ml tub of lentil soup. For tea I had a a upbeat protein shake and a dairylea cheese straw. I snacked on a sugar free jelly and a Dutch bake and peanut butter. 62 gms protein and 836 calories. I worry I can eat to much for this time. No lumps and mainly liquid. It's a real head mess how we are all so different.

I am the same Debs except when I have something like sliced chicken or other more solid protein. Them there is restriction and it happens quickly though I still can eat more than Jackie. I have to stop around 70-80gm of chicken plus a few small spoons of couscous or veg. On liquids I can also take a 400ml can of soup. Once we get to more solid food at most meals I expect this will change big time.. I.e. i agree with Tules. Don't worry. :)

Thanks everyone I really appreciate the support on here! I agree Debs it is such a mind game! I think I may try and get more slider foods in just for the calories, even just one meal. Do you take 1 or 2 multi its per day?
Thanks again
️Xx

Thanks everyone I really appreciate the support on here! I agree Debs it is such a mind game! I think I may try and get more slider foods in just for the calories, even just one meal. Do you take 1 or 2 multi its per day? Thanks again Xx

I am longer for a less liquid diet which I can have from Wednesday! With being away this week that's likely to be from Monday but gently introduced.

I take dalivit drops at the moment from the hospital post op meds. I also have a chewable multi vit a-z. I have the adcal and then the prescription lansaprozole.

I can eat a whole banana!

I hope I don't let head hunger use my eating abilities badly

Have a great day Jackie (and others!) x

I am longer for a less liquid diet which I can have from Wednesday! With being away this week that's likely to be from Monday but gently introduced. I take dalivit drops at the moment from the hospital post op meds. I also have a chewable multi vit a-z. I have the adcal and then the prescription lansaprozole. I can eat a whole banana! I hope I don't let head hunger use my eating abilities badly Have a great day Jackie (and others!) x

My instructions are to start vitamins and supplements one month after my op. I have taken some chewable calcium and D3 though given my issues with joints etc. still trying to track down chewable vitamins I can buy in case GP says no.

Debs, good luck with the purees this week. :)

I take my daily multi vitamin and that seems to have kept me topped up.
Don't worry we all have different experiences.. Stick with what works for you. I still find soft food works for me. I eat tiny amounts but throughout the day and manage about 1000 calories a day and 1.5 litres of liquid, I still have to sip away! It will all come together for you in the end! X

I take my daily multi vitamin and that seems to have kept me topped up.
Don't worry we all have different experiences.. Stick with what works for you. I still find soft food works for me. I eat tiny amounts but throughout the day and manage about 1000 calories a day and 1.5 litres of liquid, I still have to sip away! It will all come together for you in the end! X

Thanks Karina, you are like my personal reference guide! xx

My instructions are to start vitamins and supplements one month after my op. I have taken some chewable calcium and D3 though given my issues with joints etc. still trying to track down chewable vitamins I can buy in case GP says no. Debs, good luck with the purees this week. :)

Centrum do a chewable tablet? Might be handy if GP says no. Mine said no!

Centrum do a chewable tablet? Might be handy if GP says no. Mine said no!

Yeah I am expecting that as well. I had a look at the bariatric vitamins you can get in the US and most of them are chewable and expensive. The Centrum says 2 a day anyway and with malabsorption I am wondering if I would need to double up on that. Would make it pretty expensive. I normally use Costco for stuff like that as always works out much cheaper and good brands/ quality, they have Centrum 50+ but not chewable. Lol I bought a shed load of the Seven Seas Multibionta just before my op thinking they would fit the bill. Might have to crush them down with some milk.

Why do they have to be chewable? I understand in the recovery period but I've never been told that I can't take normal tablets - most of my meds are normal....
They were giving me normal paracetamol tablets and my other meds in normal tablet form when I was on the hospital!
Is this another one of those areas that different provides give different advice??

Back