• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jackie's post sleeve diary

Why do they have to be chewable? I understand in the recovery period but I've never been told that I can't take normal tablets - most of my meds are normal.... They were giving me normal paracetamol tablets and my other meds in normal tablet form when I was on the hospital! Is this another one of those areas that different provides give different advice??

Dont want to hijack Jackie's diary but > This is what my surgeon told me directly, he said tablet form can be too strong for a small stomach. I was only given liquid or soluble meds in hospital.

Dont want to hijack Jackie's diary but > This is what my surgeon told me directly, he said tablet form can be too strong for a small stomach. I was only given liquid or soluble meds in hospital.

Hijack away Chrissie, always welcome.
I was wondering this. I am taking dispersible lansoprazole and I did buy a chewable Boots own vitamins before I went into hospital but I have never been told that I have to have chewable. All my other tablets are normal and I have no problem. Are all your meds soluble Chrissy? xx

Hijack away Chrissie, always welcome. I was wondering this. I am taking dispersible lansoprazole and I did buy a chewable Boots own vitamins before I went into hospital but I have never been told that I have to have chewable. All my other tablets are normal and I have no problem. Are all your meds soluble Chrissy? xx

Not the Omeprazole but that is a stomach protector anyway. Painkillers are soluble CoCodamol. All my other meds are inhalers. Remember this is from my surgeon to me. As always the best advice is to go with your own provider. X

It is so confusing isn't it???? We all have such different instructions and guidelines, you'd think there'd be some general consensus across the board based on research but there you go!

It is so confusing isn't it???? We all have such different instructions and guidelines, you'd think there'd be some general consensus across the board based on research but there you go!

Oh definitely, it seems my surgeon changed his advice recently too. One caveat, both myself and another member who was told the same in the last few days by the same surgeon had been sufferening from bad reflux after having bands a while and have now revised to a MGB.

Week 5 weigh in and 4lbs off. Very happy! :D:D:D
life more or less back to normal, back to work with a vengeance. Only negative is the tiredness still but I am sure it will get better.
The mind is still playing tricks on me, I can tell when I have certain clothes on that I have lost weight but mostly I look the same to me. I have had a couple of nice comments but people are scared to comment I think!

Have a good day everyone
Jackie
xx

Whoot Jackie, fab loss nun. X

Whoop whoop ! Whose got the loser bug!!!!!!
Puns aside - seriously Jackie - well done. You are working that took well. So pleased. Hugsxx

That's fantastic!! What a great loss! I'm sure you do look different, but our minds do take a while to catch up :)

You can get centrum etc on the 3 for 2 at boots. I also take a spa tone iron sachet, vitamin D drop, cod liver oil with glucosamine and a fibre and greens powder supplement in my protein shake. I think you save too much money on food to not get good supplements. My weekly food bill went from £125 to about £70 for two adults two little kids. I want to get back to seriously working out I used to do weight lifting etc and I don't want to be dificient in anything!

Thanks everyone, really pleased with how it's going.

Aud, that makes it 21 lbs since surgery and 3 stone 2 lb since seminar last Ocotber. How you doing? Xxx

That's great! I'm doing really well feeling fitter with every day! Xx

Just looking at your stats, will I recognise you next time I see you? Xxx

Just looking at your stats, will I recognise you next time I see you? Xxx
Haha - still got a long way to go, but also very grateful of how far I've come too! You will have to let me know when you're next in the area! Xx

Last edited:
Weigh day (a day late)
6 weeks now and another 2lb loss. Yes I would have liked more but still pleased with this.
Things are pretty uneventful at the moment to be honest. Still struggling to eat much at all!
I think I can start exercising now so hoping to get personal trainer back and go swimming.

I go on my holidays 6 weeks time, how much do you think I could lose by then? Would love to have another stone off!

Anyway typical food day:
B - 1 Weetabix
L - 1/2 pack of M and S teriyaki chicken bites
D - 1/2 salmon fillet and a floret of cauliflower
S - strawberries
averaging about 3-500 calories from food each day and aiming to increase by lattes.

Hope you are all ok :D

Back