• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day three post op - sleeve

greyputy

Hi all. Been home a day now and glad to be! hospital staff were fantastic but you can't beat your own bed.

Had a bit of a scare as I was apparently bleeding from every pore in my stomach and surgeon quite worried. Vomited quite a bit that night bringing up blood but it got darker i.e. not fresh. I think now it was just my stomach wanting rid of it. I'd never make a vampire eh ;-)
They were going to keep me in for an extra day but I was fine and up and about and showered when the surgeon came round. He shouted through the door that I could go home that day (yesterday). Thought I was hearing things. Managed some weetabix this morning about a quarter of one and it's stayed put. So hopefully road to recovery now :) xx

Hi all. Been home a day now and glad to be! hospital staff were fantastic but you can't beat your own bed.

Had a bit of a scare as I was apparently bleeding from every pore in my stomach and surgeon quite worried. Vomited quite a bit that night bringing up blood but it got darker i.e. not fresh. I think now it was just my stomach wanting rid of it. I'd never make a vampire eh ;-)
They were going to keep me in for an extra day but I was fine and up and about and showered when the surgeon came round. He shouted through the door that I could go home that day (yesterday). Thought I was hearing things. Managed some weetabix this morning about a quarter of one and it's stayed put. So hopefully road to recovery now :) xx

Ooh hope everything picks up for you now, sweetie :) Did they find out what caused the bleeding? My hubby takes Warfarin & if he gets the dose wrong he sometimes bleeds like this. Guess your bloods were all OK though or you would not be home. Get some rest now, honey xxx :)

Thanks Twink :) x
That's what was odd my bloods were fine and there is no history of clotting in the family. Hopefully sorted now though :) am feeling good just bit tired.

My body goes into shock when I bleed so maybe a little bit of the same for. Your right nothin like your own bed is there. Hope you have a nice speedy recovery x

Thanks Amy :) x
Must admit I was a little wary of going in it at first after having to hospital one move at my command lol. The boy wonder done some magic on mine with a bean bag and pillows and hey presto I was out like a light lol

Woke every couple hours probs expecting a nurse to take my blood pressure lol. All in all I slept for 13 hours heehee

Lol that's a good sleep, do they really come round all the time to the your stats. I think you get more tired if your woken every few hours.

I was thinking of buying I don't know what you call them so I'll describe it lol. It's a long curly pillow pregnant women use......... Do you know what I mean ??? I thought I might snuggle into that x

I think it's every 4 hours for your blood pressure. Can't remember how many bloods they took. Not sure if I had couple more cos of clotting.
I know what you mean. Triangular shaped. I think it's a good idea although you might just need it for couple of days. I found myself creeping down the bed and lying on my right. I was also told by PigsGalore that she was propped up for a few days then she was able to sleep on her left side after 4 days. Can't wait for that :) I love my bed I do lol x

Haha I do too. I start off on my right till I get sleepy then change to my left to fall asleep and then when im asleep apprently I'm all over. Will be torture having to be on my back all the time. But won't be or long.

I know it must of been scary when the surgeon told you about what happened and also the blood after. But your all better now and your starting the next chapter of your life am sure you'll never look back and regret your decision to go ahead I know I won't x

amy_m said:
Haha I do too. I start off on my right till I get sleepy then change to my left to fall asleep and then when im asleep apprently I'm all over. Will be torture having to be on my back all the time. But won't be or long.

I know it must of been scary when the surgeon told you about what happened and also the blood after. But your all better now and your starting the next chapter of your life am sure you'll never look back and regret your decision to go ahead I know I won't x

Haha that's exactly what I do. When I just drift off wake myself with a little snore then turn to my right lol

I must admit for a moment I thought what the hell have I done. Only one single doubt I had when I thought there was something else wrong but back to no doubts now though xx

Good you have done the right thing. We are all doing the right thing and I think we are all very brave for even considering this op. our futures are now brighter because of it. X

Glad you're home and everything went well.
I had a bypass on Saturday and have slept flat on my side ever since. I asked the nurse if there was any reason why i was upright and did it have to stay like that and she said no, so i put the bed flat and slept on both sides.
Wow, weetabix already, aren't you on fluids for 2 weeks?

That's good to know. Might get shot of the bean bag tonight.

I was litre of water on what should have been day after surgery (as mentioned I am day behind) with one cup of milky tea or coffee at night. Then next day start 4 - 6 week puréed. Then 4 week mushy then introduce normal textures.

Not sure why different hospital have different rules. I originally thought I would be on liquid diet for 4 weeks as well but I think I got that from one of the forums.

glad you're home honey :) xxx

Great to hear you are home safe and sound. Now you are well on your way to the new you. Take care Cost xxx

Glad you are home and on the losers bench. Don't forget to update your pre-opper badge!

Glad your home hun, just shout if you want chat xxx

Back