• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day three post op - sleeve

That's good to know. Might get shot of the bean bag tonight.

I was litre of water on what should have been day after surgery (as mentioned I am day behind) with one cup of milky tea or coffee at night. Then next day start 4 - 6 week puréed. Then 4 week mushy then introduce normal textures.

Not sure why different hospital have different rules. I originally thought I would be on liquid diet for 4 weeks as well but I think I got that from one of the forums.

Now i'm dead confused.... I have been told 4 weeks puree/well mashed..... 2 weeks soft.... then normal x x x

xxpigsgalorexx said:
Now i'm dead confused.... I have been told 4 weeks puree/well mashed..... 2 weeks soft.... then normal x x x

I've re read my booklet and it says at least 4 weeks puréed. Although the dietician said don't force it. If I struggle take another 2 weeks. I was just thinking worse case scenario lol sorry for the confusion Hun xx
Ideally we should be on normal by 6 - 8 weeks if alls well. Just to allow another 2 weeks in case we struggle :(

I am doing ok had some hot smoked salmon mixed with mashed potato for tea..... mashed it up really good with my fork....was yummy x x

mm that sounds fab. So you are not doing too gloopy then. I suppose I am still early days (1st day of food) so best take it easy lol

Am having slightly stiffer food as couldn't stomach the slop x x

Back