• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jackie's post sleeve diary

I was at a support group meeting today and some of the girls had these bottles to put the fruit in. Most of them said a jug of water in the fridge with the fruit is just as good. So I'm not going to waste my money. I'm terrible for gadgets and the like that lie unused xxxx

Week 8 and only 1lb off. Feeling slightly disappointed with weight loss at the minute.

Feel good in myself apart from the tiredness still. I am getting a few comments about how much weight I have lost. This does make you feel tons better doesn't it?

Still have had no follow up at all. Decided to make an appointment to see GP and check whether I need bloods done.

Food wise, not much change. I have decided that chicken is not good for me at the minute as after 1 tiny bit I am so full that I cannot get anything else in! Still only on tiny portions, probably eat a tea plates worth of food across the entire day!

Anyway, hope everyone are doing ok xx

In the early stages when I hit a stall or the weight slowed down, I was like the incredible shrinking woman lol clothes that I could wear one week were hanging on me the next- that's what kept me going. I bet you are shrinking too xxx

hi Jackie..

A pound is a pound in the right direction hun and deserves a WELL DONE :D but I do understand your frustration. We know we shouldn't compare but it is human nature. You are losing, maybe not as fast as you would like but it is still a decent loss. If it is any consolation, I would probably weigh more this week after 4 days of constipation and being bloated like a blow fish. You are still losing faster than me :p

I made a decision to go back to 4 weekly weigh ins, I just know tomorrow would be a bad day otherwise lol.

A pound is better than nothing :) and i am sure it will pick up again and you will se some big numbers dropping :) and i also agree about the shrinking :) you will shrink :)

A pound is a pound and there is a point where you hit a stall then kick in again so don't worry!! Way I see it is a pound a week is 4-5 per month! When did you ever lose that month after month!
Keep doing what you are doing x

Thanks everyone! Means a lot! I need to stop being so impatient. I feel brilliant and therefore need to concentrate on that! How you all doing? Xxx

Thanks everyone! Means a lot! I need to stop being so impatient. I feel brilliant and therefore need to concentrate on that! How you all doing? Xxx

Water is needed for weightloss....are you drinking enough?
Have you measured yourself?...when the scales don't move you've dropped an inch...guaranteed,take it from a long termer :)

Water is needed for weightloss....are you drinking enough?
Have you measured yourself?...when the scales don't move you've dropped an inch...guaranteed,take it from a long termer :)

Thanks Emma Louise. I am really trying with my fluids. I have increased this week and I am drinking a lot more than I was. I am happy with the overall weight loss I think it just feels harsh to see a 1 lb loss! I have not measured myself for a couple of weeks but as I say a few people are now commenting on my weight loss which I have to admit I Love!
Thanks
Xxx

Thanks Emma Louise. I am really trying with my fluids. I have increased this week and I am drinking a lot more than I was. I am happy with the overall weight loss I think it just feels harsh to see a 1 lb loss! I have not measured myself for a couple of weeks but as I say a few people are now commenting on my weight loss which I have to admit I Love! Thanks Xxx

I was a slower looser...but my skin has coped quite well due to this...I really should take my own advice on the water though!
Even after all these years I'm terrible with it.

Your doing great Jackie I must admit I thought the weight would drop off, but I had a few slow weeks too! Also the weeks I lost the least I definitely lost more in measurements those weeks. Xx

That's the best bit to read. You feel great. No vile on going health issues due to WLS. Showered with compliments. Healthier diet being eaten. Mindfulness around fluids. I am reading success stir and some here Jackie.

If this is a life long journey then spending some time on the route isn't too bad surely?

My weight loss is slow also as you know. My shape is changing and I am generally much happier now simply from having some control over me and food!

I do get concerned when I read of huge losses. But I figure my body is a stubborn vessel. They fat is anxious to survive and it won't go easily - but it is going! We will endure. I didn't expect it to fix me overnight. I'd spend 30 years nurturing my obesity.

You're doing amazingly well. Don't lose sight of the immense changes you have made xxxx

Hi Jackie hows it going...keep up with the protein and healthy choices..it does come off x

Hi Karina
Thanks for asking. I am trying with the protein but still only managing about 4-500 calories a day. I have really increased my fluids this week so fingers crossed this helps. My problem is I am struggling at tea time. Pain after I eat and often sick but only at this time of day. Any ideas?
Hope your house move is going well and thanks again you are a brilliant support xxx

Week 9 - 3lbs off!! More than happy with that! :D

Everything good except as previously said struggling with evening meal. A very wise lady suggested that my sleeve may get tighter during the day as breakfast and lunch are never a problem. I am going to go back to making homemade soup for tea time and see how that works out for the next few days. Good way of getting protein in too!

3 weeks until I go to Florida for 2 weeks. How much can I lose? I would love to be in the 15 stone mark!

Feeling very positive :D:D:D:D

Thanks
Jackie
xx

Jackie well done on the weight loss

The soup Defo sounds like a plan and the way to go

Into the 15s for Florida - smash it girl xxxxx

Jackie well done on the weight loss

The soup Defo sounds like a plan and the way to go

Into the 15s for Florida - smash it girl xxxxx

Thanks Kirsty, you are doing amazing too! How you feeling now! Xxxx

Back