• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2016 Surgeries

I'm hoping so I've done three months with any empty band symptoms seem to have eased so fingers crossed pre op tomoz I wasn't as luck as you my NHS team wouldn't do my revision

My band has been empty for 18 months ;)

I wouldn't call it luck! I've been ill for well over two years, I have oesophagitis, GERD and a HUGE hernia - all are interlinked and all need to be resolved.

I'm down for the 26th with the NHS don't know if it will go ahead now with the junior doctors strike devastated been so good over Christmas and took 18 month of hard work to get to this point�� Will have to ring the team tomorrow for an update

I hope it doesn't affect our ops, I support them 100% but this is my fourth date, all others were cancelled :cry:

I rang the team and they said just to wait and see as it may be called off next week and 13 days on the liver diet would be fine! It's at north tees and I also support what the Drs are doing just wish it didn't have to come down to a strike

I rang the team and they said just to wait and see as it may be called off next week and 13 days on the liver diet would be fine! It's at north tees and I also support what the Drs are doing just wish it didn't have to come down to a strike?

I hope they don't cancel again, that's mental and physical cruelty. Surely that's not allowed so many times.
What op are you having eventually ? ?

getting nervous slightly :( :rolleyes:
It sounds like you got the last minute call like me. I start my milk diet tomorrow 7th. You must Start yours 2 days later. Where you having your op and what you having ? Goodbye to proper food for a while, hello to looking and feeling nice again ,been a while ?

Hope those of you who have had surgery are recovering well, and good luck to those who are yet to have their surgery!! xx

Cadburys, I do feel good, nearly 5 stone lighter, I can eat anything, never had any side effects, if I'm in a routine I find it easier to manage and planning food in advance is very important. If I haven't seen someone since the summer, they aren't always sure it is me:)

My band has been empty for 18 months ;)

I wouldn't call it luck! I've been ill for well over two years, I have oesophagitis, GERD and a HUGE hernia - all are interlinked and all need to be resolved.

I know that feeling it's awful I've suffered over three years as well had oesophagitis and gerd but they did resolve on an empty band I had a reposition due to a pouch on the NHS twelve months ago but unfortunately when filled I now have oesophagul dilation and as my bmi was under 40 they could only offer band removal on NHS I think it varies by area so may be dif where you are? they think I may also have a hernia so I really do feel for you good luck x

I had a reposition due to a pouch on the NHS twelve months ago but unfortunately when filled I now have oesophagul dilation and as my bmi was under 40 they could only offer band removal on NHS I think it varies by area so may be dif where you are? they think I may also have a hernia so I really do feel for you good luck x

Ok, this has made me feel very defensive and I don't want to feel like this.

So thank you but so far you've had a reposition and band removal on the NHS? I've had my band emptied treatment wise.

It does vary but (why do I feel like I'm having to justify being treated on the NHS by the way) its the hernia that's the most debilitating and why I was originally referred. It's now even bigger than my outstretched hand, its not in my oesophagus its central inbetween my belly button and breast bone.

At the moment I can't bend without (literally) my insides spilling out of the hole in my stomach wall. It's very painful each time in happens and prevents me from doing alot of every day things. When I'm standing its out and is very noticeable through clothes, when I'm sitting it pushes downwards and is very uncomfortable. If I lay on my back it goes back in, if I lay on my side its out again. I haven't slept properly for years. Although I somehow manage to work fulltime :cry:

So the priority is to fix my hernia and the only way they can do that is to make sure my weight is under control, otherwise it will come back. I need my oesophagitus to be cured so that they can work through the adhesions etc (yes I have lots of them, I have had six abdominal surgeries so far) and give me back some quality of life, hence band out, wait three months, then sleeve.

I'm not for a minute saying I'm worse than you but try and see past the fact that I'm getting a sleeve on the NHS and see why they are doing this. The WLS is secondary but a means to an end.

I'm not lucky I'm not well and need my surgeons help.

I went for a final weigh in today and was told unless something drastic happens op still going ahead They will not know until they go in whether it will be bypass or,sleeve due to previous surgeries will just be glad to be done had a prosccoo funereal this evening lol

By no means meant that was actually being sympathetic as I know how awful it is too suffer I'm glad the NHS are treating you it sounds awful and yes I am disappointed that I didn't get the help I needed but don't begrudge anyone else. I still have my band I haven't had it removed on NHS they would have done it I think but wouldn't fund the conversion as our area sticks to the over 40 bmi which is why they tried to reposition it twelve months ago although they knew a conversion would have been better unfortunately this just led to another set of problems and I ended up with a dilated oesophagul and possibly a hernia so I opted to pay which as a single parent I am go to struggle with but will have to do my best and hope they manage to do it In one op privately as this is my third one oesophagitis is awful mine got really bad
I wish you well no offence meant we all have our personal struggles unfortunately hope your op goes ahead next week and it's first step on road to recovery x

I went for a final weigh in today and was told unless something drastic happens op still going ahead They will not know until they go in whether it will be bypass or,sleeve due to previous surgeries will just be glad to be done had a prosccoo funereal this evening lol

Hi westie
Are you having a revision have you got a Preference sleeve or bypass I found it quite hard to decide think ud have been better saying do what seems best once you operate hope all goes ahead for you x

HI I have had no previous gastric surgery previous surgery was abdominal so unsure if bowel can be stretch for bypass. I have been through weight management programme and waited 18mths to have this done on the NHS which I know is not a long time for some people but it seems a long time for me! I am so looking forward to having a tool to work with to continue on my weight loss journey and I hope everyone has a safe surgery:)

Back