• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Juice plus

niccie

Hi, does anyone take juice plus after their wls? I'm nearly 7 months post sleeve, I can't eat big volumes and this means I'm not eating enough fruit and veg, I thought it might be a good idea to take the fruit and veg capsules? Any thoughts or experiences?

Hi Nicci

I've been taking JP capsules for a couple of years and highly recommend them. I also had some of the shakes whilst I was on the pre op. My immunity has been great since I've been on them and touch wood, I rarely get a cold or cough.

Xx

I've not heard of Juice plus - but just recently have been looking at powdered greens/ fruit to add to my nutriblasts. Would prefer a capsule though. Let us know how you find it.

I wouldn't go near juice plus. Three of my friends were hospitalised while doing that diet, as it's extremely nutritionally deficient. It's a con, don't do it.

I have a FB friend who has lost an enormous amount of weight following his RNY. He took herbalife for this exact same reason & was so impressed he now is a representative.

If anyone wants his facebook details they are more than welcome to ask for mine via pm so they can find him.

Julie x

Thanks guys, I wasn't going to follow any diet or plan apart from what I am doing now with purely home cooked and whole food. I was merely going to add the veg / fruit capsules.

Agree with Paula, do some research and buy a good quality greens powder if you want, one that is used by real fitness fanatics/ bodybuilders etc. nothing that is sold via any of those diet full of sugar cons. Something like this https://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk/shop...lend-product?gclid=CKeSyM6uvcsCFUieGwodGmkJzw
I'm not endorsing this at all just giving an example of the type of thing.
Be aware that most powders taste disgusting so add to smoothies etc. also they don't contain much fibre so you may want to add additional fibre x

Thank you Caroline, I wouldn't like that though, hence I was going for capsules. I don't make smoothies, I just drink milk, fruit has so much sugar in, hence I thought about veggie capsules. X

Interesting thread I've noticed post bypass that I'm also no longer eating salad, vegetables or fruit in the way I was when following pre op diet in fact I'm not having them at all!!! once I have eaten small amount of protein ie a bit of chicken I don't have room for anything else I was assuming that the a-z replaces what I would be getting I've recently increased my a-z to two a day to be extra sure but now I'm wondering.......

Well I've ordered 1 months supply of natron juice festive which is capsule based fruit and veg. I'll give it a go and post my findings here. It has lots of great reviews its not a diet plan just an aid for those not getting enough fruit / veg, a supplement. Thanks for all your info.,, I'll keep you updated.

If I ate enough fruit / veg, I couldn't fit in the protein, not much room in this sleeve. X

Thanks for this, I will look forward to your posts as to how effective this is. I also find getting fruit andveg in almost impossible. Thanks again.

Yep, would be great to see whether you notice the difference Niccie. It really is a trial sometimes trying to get all the food groups in.

Caroline, that was the sort of thing I was looking for for my nutriblasts. I'm currently having chia seeds and hemp in my morning blast to get my protein. I make it with milk, and am always amazed how much is made as its enough for both me and my daughter. This last week it's been 2 strawberries, 2 chunks of mango, 2 chunks of pineapple, half a carrot, a couple slices of banana and a handful of spinach! This makes 1 large glass and 1 smaller. The smaller one is just a little bit too much for my sleeved tummy. But if I could look at powdered greens too without changing the taste, that'd be good.

You're very welcome Niccie. Getting my daughter to have breakfast is a bit of a trial, so making the smoothie before she gets downstairs means she has to drink it! She's not refused one yet. Although I'm learning with every one! I now soak the chia seeds and goji berries in a little pot the night before and I make up bags to put in the freezer of the fruit/spinach etc and pop it in the fridge the night before. My tum tum didn't fancy one this morning so I'm now having it for lunch.

Great planning bear, you can make those little bags up and put them in the freezer too so you can put a whole weeks worth at one time and then you don't need to put ice in too, I put greens powder and a fibre powder supplement in too along with one of those iron water sachet things.

I don't tend to use Ice, and I try to let the fruit defrost in the fridge overnight as when I blast it frozen, it makes the smoothie so thick! I'm still amazed about how much is made with so little ingredients. I shop on a monday so buy the fruit fresh then and make my bags to freeze. Have definitely noticed a better smoothie since I've started soaking the chia though.

Interesting thread I've noticed post bypass that I'm also no longer eating salad, vegetables or fruit in the way I was when following pre op diet in fact I'm not having them at all!!! once I have eaten small amount of protein ie a bit of chicken I don't have room for anything else I was assuming that the a-z replaces what I would be getting I've recently increased my a-z to two a day to be extra sure but now I'm wondering.......
Interesting thread for me as I am on tier 3 and low carbing to control my cravings. Worried about post op protein intake as I currently get it from meat and my understanding is that I won't be able to eat much meat post op. I eat mainly meat and green veg, eggs, tinned tuna, some yoghurt with a homemade low sugar granola and the occasional snack cheat still (crisps, chocs). very limited diet I know but now used to it and only way to loose anything after being overweight basically all my life. Lolly do you eat any carbs and do you experience any constipation since you're not eating fruit and veg - how do you handle it?

Hi nafpnd
My typical days diet now I'm coming up to 10 weeks out is:
B- kingsmill wholemeal sandwich thin with two poached eggs
L - small baked potato with tuna or homemade veg broth
T - chicken (generally have to cook it in a sauce as can't get baked chicken down) with some veg but can't normally fit any in
S- glass of Tropicana 50 orange juice, couple of malted milk biscuits dipped in my cuppa
I don't eat dairy unfortunately so I do notice that my post op diet is now based mainly around protein and carbs with no fruit or veg really :( I have had some awful bowel issues recently but can't realistically understand how I can get more fibre in so I'm thinking about a trip to the GP to find an appropriate long term solution coz think medication/supplement maybe the way to go X

Back