• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jumping to conclusions

mouse57

Why is there more and more people on here jumping to conclusions about what people are saying or what they mean. People are getting offended and touchy for no reason. Another reason why people are leaving the forum and not keeping in touch :(

Why is there more and more people on here jumping to conclusions about what people are saying or what they mean. People are getting offended and touchy for no reason. Another reason why people are leaving the forum and not keeping in touch :(

Think it's just part of the Internet hun, the worst thing about texting, emailing etc is you can read what someone says in whatever tone you want and it may not be how the person intended x

Everyone is different and read things differently, thats the way of the internet its not the best of places for sensitive souls :)

I agree...

it's hard to read text and know how the person wanted it to be taken.

an example ive heard in training is..

this 7 word sentance can mean 7 different things, depending on how you say it.

i never said she stole my purse

I never said she stole my purse (someone else said it)
I NEVER said she stole my purse (i didnt)
I never SAID she stole my purse (i thought it)
I never said SHE stole my purse (i said someone else stole it)
I never said she STOLE my purse (she borrowed it)
I never said she stole MY purse (it was someone elses)
I never said she stole my PURSE (it was my bag)

.... it's so much easier to get that across and understand the meaning when you can hear the persons voice.

(hope that makes sense lol)

It's a hard one. Communication without the benefit of heating inflections or reading body language or the ability to gauge reactions

I have found every one on here really supportive I have had one instance where I have had to point out that I have felt comments unhelpful and judgemental

I think we all feel so passionately about this WLS subject and our journey and we need our views to be heard

I also think that as a group many of us have been emotionally damaged as individuals travelling through our life....this makes us uber sensitive and defensive when we feel criticised

But...... I feel there is a genuine warmth and feeling of kindness flows through this forum

It might be that when we post we need to use gentle language and when we read, we try to appreciate where others might be when they wrote the post of what is motivating them. And I reckon it's passion and caring xxxx

Good night my gorgeous ladies ;-)

Who stole whose purse?? Virtual robbery! Lol

I haven't seen anything Mouse. What's happened?

Bear I was just having a moan some people just seem to be getting upset with people saying thing as an opinion, taking it to heart and reacting. All done and dusted now but I saw that today and thought it was appropriate. :)

Are you ok mouse?
Sorry not been around for a little while....new job!

Yes thank you Emma just taking everything with a pinch of salt not worth the upset. :)

Back