• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling so depressed :-(

Hi Paula, I wasn't lucky enough to get accepted via nhs I got turned down twice and had to wait over 6 months for a decision for each time I asked. It's not fair that they haven't given u a rough idea but I'm sure you'll hear something soon. Try to stay positive it will be worth the wait. I'm having my surgery friday, took a personal loan out but figured what better way to spend it! Good luck I'm sure you will have good news soon.
Emma x

Hi Paula, hope you're feeling a little less depressed today.
I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling, I've only been in the WLS process for a couple of months.
But remember lovely, that you've got a whole family of us here to whine and moan to anytime its getting you down.
Hope things start moving soon for you.
Lots of luck
Em xxxx

Hi Em, feeling less depressed and more anxious today. If I had my date I could begin to prepare myself mentally for the op. Plus I need to wind things down at work when I start my pre op diet, as I have a very active physical job. My boss is asking weekly if I've heard anything and is very supportive, but it just adds to the pressure slightly. Hopefully I will hear something soon. I'm so grateful for everyone's kind words and support on here, as it keeps me going xx

I hope you hear something soon, the worst bit I think is just waiting around :0/ this site is great, I only found it by chance the other day. Keep positive, good luck ! x

Hi the sad thing is I went through all my wait a lone i didn't find this site until i was a few months post op, wish i had had this site when i was in your situation i know it doesn't make it easier for you or speed up your date but i can certainly sympathise with you being fed up, some people can be nasty on the phone, and it does put you off, think i was on first name terms with all bariatric secretaries at SRH when i said who was calling they said oh yes hello,. as if i was well known to them. haha. the call will come i know its like being in nomans land you can't plan anything you just waiting and watching is very frustrating hang on in there xx

Back