• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2014 Surgeries

Good luck all you Juners, thinking of you and looking forward to hearing how you all got on x

Good Luck Ginnywinny!
XxX

GL to this week's oppers :)

Hi all I had my sleeve done on 6th June so I'm 11 days in. Feel absolutely fine no pain or problems managing to get my fluids in, not been feeling hunger as such just really missing the taste of food will start purée foods on Friday can't wait for that. Start weight 265lbs weight today 243lbs. Good luck to everyone getting there surgeries done soon. Xx

Thought I'd start with a bit of ready brek and maybe some soup and I don't really know after that. I feel a little bit scared but haven't had any problems with the fluid and I've had some quite thick protein drink without problems. What about you? Xx

Same. No problems with liquids or thick protein drinks. I'm so sick of the creamy/milky taste of everything at the moment that I think I may try something like hummus or even purée up a tuna sandwich spread or something like that. I'll have a look in the shops and see what looks good. I never thought I'd be this excited to eat mush!! I'd really like something hot so maybe a ready made meat soup puréed up.

I'm only 7 weeks post op and when I moved to puree I discovered this amazing chicken, mushroom and rice soup at M&S and a Moroccan chicken and chickpea one - they both blend really well and taste like actual meals and are high in protein. Also found fisherman's pie really good and yummy.

Had my check up this morning and am allowed to move towards solid foods now but I'm too much of a wimp, can't handle the thought of vomiting as I really struggled from liquids to puree and puree to soft and have only just stopped being sick after 6 weeks!

Good luck

Good luck with your transitions ladies, sounds really tricky x

Day 3 post op today and I'm allowed melba toast with low fat cream cheese. All going well so far.

Wow, nice to know you are coming on so well.. Wish I was allowed those things...Did you not start on liquids? I start my puree on Saturday and cant wait..

Wow shows the difference between each of the providers ours was 2 weeks liquid straight post op

It's amazing how much the whole process varies. I wasn't allowed liquids or to get out of bed until the day after surgery. Then in the morning I was given water, once they could see I was keeping that down I had a yoghurt at lunch time and for tea. Day 3 today it was yoghurt for breakfast, cheese spread on Melba toast, then apple puree for snack and melba toast again for dinner, finally if I can manage it a yoghurt for my last snack. The dietician here says a will tolerate more foods ager on if I eat exactly what they way now, so I'm doing as I'm told and it is work so far.

Wow shows the difference between each of the providers ours was 2 weeks liquid straight post op

Same with mine hun... two weeks liquid. Cant wait for Saturday to try a bit of puree something...lol...bit scared to move on to this stage though because that means more calories and I seem to be losing the weight a bit slow already... Im addicted to the scales and not seeing the results I expected...x

Day 3 post op today and I'm allowed melba toast with low fat cream cheese. All going well so far.

Wow that's great that your allowed to do that already it makes sense what they're saying. I was told by my surgeon that the liquid stage was essential to give the stomach time to heal. It's not bothered me at all upto now so hoping the purée stage will be as easy ? xx

Same with mine hun... two weeks liquid. Cant wait for Saturday to try a bit of puree something...lol...bit scared to move on to this stage though because that means more calories and I seem to be losing the weight a bit slow already... Im addicted to the scales and not seeing the results I expected...x[/QUOTE

I'm addicted to the scales too I go on them every morning how much have you lost?

Back