• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2014 Surgeries

Same with mine hun... two weeks liquid. Cant wait for Saturday to try a bit of puree something...lol...bit scared to move on to this stage though because that means more calories and I seem to be losing the weight a bit slow already... Im addicted to the scales and not seeing the results I expected...x[/QUOTE

I'm addicted to the scales too I go on them every morning how much have you lost?

Hi Lisa35, I lost 6kg on my pre op and another 5kg since I did my op on the 7th of June.... So in total ive lost 11kg since I started the journey.... how about you hun? how much have you lost? x

I lost 6.1kg on pre diet 3.9kg first week post op and 3.5 kg last week so 13.5 since start so pretty much same as you as I was bypassed 2/6

I lost 6.1kg on pre diet 3.9kg first week post op and 3.5 kg last week so 13.5 since start so pretty much same as you as I was bypassed 2/6

Yes, we are on the same track...we are doing well...Are you yet on your pureed stage, if so how are you coping. I start mine on Saturday. I cant wait!! Im sick of liquids and milky stuff..lol

Yes I'm on purée It's all going down ok living on fish pie and cheese mash which is good wouldn't worry bout calories the meals I'm having are last 2 days x

Yes I'm on purée It's all going down ok living on fish pie and cheese mash which is good wouldn't worry bout calories the meals I'm having are last 2 days x

Hmmm, that sounds nice. I did a bit of shopping yesterday and bought some weight watchers fish pie and mac and cheese... I am going to puree those and start from there then build up for there...

Hi im Rachel, I have just joined the forum today and i had my gasteric band surgery a week today (12th june), my surgery was carried out with the hospital group Dolan park Birmingham. :)

I'm coming up to my surgery on the 28th and starting to get really nervous now as I've never had any major surgery before.

Also haven't been put on the pre-op diet until just a few days before. Trying to not have a "last meal" mentality but it's difficult!

I'm coming up to my surgery on the 28th and starting to get really nervous now as I've never had any major surgery before.

Also haven't been put on the pre-op diet until just a few days before. Trying to not have a "last meal" mentality but it's difficult!

All the best for the 28th hun... you will be just fine...making space on the losers bench for you...lol..x

Hi im Rachel, I have just joined the forum today and i had my gasteric band surgery a week today (12th june), my surgery was carried out with the hospital group Dolan park Birmingham. :)

Hi Racheljxx and welcome to the forum....wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey...x

Mmmm I just had some Ready Brek as my first purée. It was like the sweet heavenly taste of nectar...

I can just imagine.... I will be saying the same tomorrow when I have my first bit of puree as well... Im planning on having ready brek too... How well did you tolerate it and how much of it were you able to eat....

I can just imagine.... I will be saying the same tomorrow when I have my first bit of puree as well... Im planning on having ready brek too... How well did you tolerate it and how much of it were you able to eat....

I tolerated it no problem. I allowed myself 3 dessertspoons because that's what my surgeon said to do, but honestly I could have eaten a lot more! I then had Greek yogurt for lunch with no probs and I'm having soup for dinner. I've realised though that this mean my protein levels are much lower today so tomorrow I'll probably add a protein shake to drink between meals.

Boost protein by adding skim milk powder to drinks ready break etc I even add to chicken soup and mash

I tolerated it no problem. I allowed myself 3 dessertspoons because that's what my surgeon said to do, but honestly I could have eaten a lot more! I then had Greek yogurt for lunch with no probs and I'm having soup for dinner. I've realised though that this mean my protein levels are much lower today so tomorrow I'll probably add a protein shake to drink between meals.

Ok I see... Good idea to add a protein shake tomorrow..x

In for mine Monday, Cannot wait. :D

Back