• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2014 Surgeries

Anyone else been advised to take a multi vitamin for 4 weeks before surgery?
Yes I went to see them yesterday and they said to take one whilst doing the pre-op. So in my case 2 weeks before.

My pre op starts 26th of May, 4 weeks leading upto the 23rd of june. All feels rather real now. :)

So I've bought a blender and am doing lots of research to prepare but am feeling kind of guilty that I 'm just eating as normal at the moment. Because I'm going private in Belgium they haven't specifically asked me to lose weight before hand just do the pre op diet for 2 weeks before surgery. Should I be try to lose weight now? Should I be changing my eating habits now? Are you guys practicing your not drinking before and after meals, tiny bites and chewing 15 times?

i cut my portions right down about 6 weeks before i started my pre op diet to side plate size

I'm going private too and I'm not required to lose any weight. I also only have to do a one week pre-op diet. I haven't cut down my portions. In fact, it's more a case of panicking that I haven't got long until I can no longer eat this much so I'm making the most of it! Not a good mindset, I know, but that's where I am!

Good to know I'm not the ono one. I think I am going to try and cut down on portion sizes and a fatty sugar things, then maybe just let myself have one last favourite meal the day before I start the pre op diet. Where are you having your surgery?

I'm a June baby too..lol... I'm having revision surgery from a sleeve to a by-pass...I've travelled the surgery road before... So I know what to expect.. Still a bit nervous though.. My date is June 7....have my pre op on the 22nd of May!!!!! Counting down the days now really..

Had my pre op today and start liver shrinkage diet on Saturday for surgery on the 7th of June....Cant wait to get healthy again. Had a taste of being healthy back in 2009 when i had my sleeve and lost 6st.... It was short lived as i regained the weight and some... happy days ahead...

Had my pre op today and start liver shrinkage diet on Saturday for surgery on the 7th of June....Cant wait to get healthy again. Had a taste of being healthy back in 2009 when i had my sleeve and lost 6st.... It was short lived as i regained the weight and some... happy days ahead...

If you don't mind me asking, what revision surgery are you going for?

I had a sleeve in 2009..Im now having that revised to a bypass...

Good luck, it is coming around so quick. I start my pre op diet a week on Monday. Ordering a curry tonight he he.

Too true

My pre op starts Monday for 4 weeks

lol... I'm so jealous. I started my pre-op diet today...the sound of a curry is the best thing ive heard all day.. Lol.

I too have my op date of the 16th .. Can't get excited yet as been here once before and got cancelled . But starting my pro op next Sunday ! Ekks

Back