• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2014 Surgeries

Ginnywinny

Hi I'm Ginny,

New to the group, just booked my surgery yesterday. June 16th. So who else is having June surgeries?

A little about me and what I'm having

From Northern Ireland
22st
5FT 10in
Mum of one

I have paid privately to have a gastric bypass in Belgium with the International Surgery Group. I'm super nervous and feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the information to take in, pre op liquid diet eeck.

Jan1973

Joan1973
Hi..had my pre op yesterday, ill be having a sleeve in june....
Im 41, mum of two boys, and just short of 22 st...

Ginnywinny

Hey,

Its good to here from another June baby :) I say baby because to me it feels like we're going to be reborn. Life will never be the same again.

I wish you loads of luck, keep in touch and let me know when your date is :)

xx

lisa35

I'm June 2nd gastric bypass nhs im 36 and heaviest weight was 25 now down to 22.2 start LSD in 2 weeks.... Getting real now

Ginnywinny

Well done for losing from 25 stone. The 2nd will come around fast, I'll just be starting my pre op liquid diet then I'm dreading it, lost of luck for your surgery.

Ginny x

TrulySlim

Hi Everyone!!

I'm going to be a June baby too on the 16th!
I'm 22 going 23 (Nov), heaviest ever weight 22st 10lbs, I think I'm nearer the 22st mark now though.
Operation route - NHS
Surgery - Sleeve

terrilou

Just wanted to wish you all luck for your June surgeries. xx

G'G

Hi, I'm in June also. My surgeries at Homerton hospital in London on the 23rd. I also have to attend on the 16th May for my pre op and to sort out my pre op diet. All feeling real now. I was 32 stone at my heaviest and now weigh 30 stone 13 (the aim is under 30 by my op). I'm 29 (30 in July) and hoping to have a gastric bypass, but may need a sleeve then maybe a switch if a bypass isn't possible. Good luck to all :)

Ginnywinny

Hi Trulyslim,

Its a big journey we're starting on 16th June, it'll be really great to have someone to talk to who is going through surgery the same day.

What is your pro op diet, when do you start it?

Ginny x

Ginnywinny

Hi G G,

So only 7 days after me and Trulyslim then. It will be great to follow your diary, I will have to try and get something up and running soon :) Well done on starting to loose weight already, all the best to getting to 30 for your surgery x

ReadyToDoIt

Mine is on 6th June at Manor Hospital Oxford. Gastric sleeve. Can't flipping wait! Counting down the days. Will be doing 8 days of pre op diet so not too terrible. Getting prepared and organised.

TrulySlim

Hi GinnyWinny,

I haven't started pre op yet. I have to go to the hospital the coming week to get another pre op assessment; I'm sure I'll get the pre op diet then.

Yes, I will definitely be documenting my progress.

tc_99

Thought I'd better join this thread as I now have my surgery date. 6 weeks time, not that I am counting.

lisa35

When I was given my pre op diet sheet they said if I chose slim fast one to take them, had my pre op letter come today been booked in for op since feb and just got my confirmation letter I'm being admitted Sunday 1st June 2 weeks Sunday eek getting real now

princess4d4

good luck to june oppers it will be here before you know it

TrulySlim

Had my whole day appointments at the hospital yesterday, looks like I'm going to be starting my pre-op diet 3 weeks before surgery (26th May).

Things are definitely getting real now!

How's everyone getting prepared for their op?