• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2014 Surgeries

ReadyToDoIt

I slept for 8ish hours last night as I was finally able to lie on my side which is more like normal. Also been feeling like having something with a taste which is really good. It's amazing what a difference 24 hours can have! Definitely struggling to know when I'm full though because of all the odd feelings going on in and around my stomach (had a bit too much jelly yesterday but the uncomfortable feeling didn't last too long luckily). Is it just me or is soluble paracetamol not the greatest tasting thing in the world? lol attempting to mask mine with a bit of sugar free squash but it doesn't help too much.

I decided to suffer rather than take the soluble paracetamol! Truly the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted.

princess4d4

They not as bad as cocodamol they have to be the worst

Jaywill

I slept for 8ish hours last night as I was finally able to lie on my side which is more like normal. Also been feeling like having something with a taste which is really good. It's amazing what a difference 24 hours can have!

Definitely struggling to know when I'm full though because of all the odd feelings going on in and around my stomach (had a bit too much jelly yesterday but the uncomfortable feeling didn't last too long luckily).

Is it just me or is soluble paracetamol not the greatest tasting thing in the world? lol attempting to mask mine with a bit of sugar free squash but it doesn't help too much.

I hated that liquid paracetamol....even the thought of it now makes me feel so ill...

Stacey83

I got calpol liquid paracetamol for kids and took the aged 12+ dosage on the box, much tastier and only 20ml for a dose so easier to get down!

trickyvicky

Liquid Calpol.......why didn't I think of that!!!!! Luckily I'm only having it before I go to bed now but that would definitely have been soooo much better!!

tc_99

Well done everybody, so proud of my fellow June oppers. All ok my end, day 8, after op. Can eat and drink fine now that a lot of the swelling seems to have gone down.
Feel ok except I tire easily. So defo gonna take another week or so before going back to work.

Hope your all ok, I wish you all a speedy recovery. xx

tc_99

Since I have been recuperating I cannot believe how many food adverts there are.... Amazing.

ReadyToDoIt

Saw my nutritionalist for my first appt, four weeks after op. She said I'm doing great. I told her I'm hungry! She said I'm not....I said I am, and so we continued the riveting discussion.

I've had a good weight loss, but I do feel like I'm hungry and on a diet. Start soft foods tomorrow so hoping that will fill me up a bit more. I am capable of eating a lot more than my recommendations, but she warned me not to, in case I stretch my sleeve!

I'm planning my first soft meal of grilled mackerel and mashed potatoes. Can't wait - as much as I enjoyed the transition to purée, I'm ready for some proper food.

trickyvicky

hahaha. If anyone is going to know if you're hungry it's you. I've definitely had trouble though trying to figure out if I've been feeling hungry or my stomach is gurgley because I'm dehydrated or because it's still recovering. Very confusing!!

Scotsman

First day back at work today (11 days post-op). Was a bit tired afterwards but I only worked 7 hours. Not hungry much now and I noticed I drank a lot less water than I used to. Had to eat at regular times for snacks (yogurts) and lunch ( soup)

Still it is early days- looking forward to Thursday - moving on to puree's :)

princess4d4

Its gets to be 2nd nature eating even though not hungry as you know you have to eat

Down 68lbs in total!

But that's from my highest weight of 327lbs, since pre op diet I've lost 46lbs and since surgery I've lost 31lbs :)

How is everyone else getting on?

Jaywill

My weight loss has been very slow.... Lost 16 kg in total since pre op to present....happy I am losing though...

trickyvicky

I've lost 16 kgs since I started my pre-op diet. Didn't feel as though I'd lost any last week till my support phone call person told me my weight was down 6lbs. Aiming for a target of 4lbs a week so doing well so far :-D

princess4d4

I bypassed in april I lose between 3 n 4 pound most weeks its a steady loss and we all lose at different rates so wouldnt worry too much yet if its slow one week it might just pick up

Ginnywinny

So on my surgeons recommendation I only started my Biariatric vitamins yesterday. The main one is F@*KING huge. It went down ok yesterday, but I was in a hurry today and it got stuck, really stuck, I was in so much paining I was panting. Every time I tried a sip of water to help the pain felt worse. I ended up driving to the Drs but just as I was parking up it must have gone down. Definitely the most horrible think to happen to me post op, only one else had this problem?

Stacey83

So on my surgeons recommendation I only started my Biariatric vitamins yesterday. The main one is F@*KING huge. It went down ok yesterday, but I was in a hurry today and it got stuck, really stuck, I was in so much paining I was panting. Every time I tried a sip of water to help the pain felt worse. I ended up driving to the Drs but just as I was parking up it must have gone down. Definitely the most horrible think to happen to me post op, only one else had this problem?

Yep, I break mine in half - I'm taking Centrum Women they're like horse pills! If I drink too much water to try clear them I end up spewing. We're such delicate flowers now!