• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just been referred north tyneside :)

suzie290304

hi I'm new and just got a few questions, has anyone been referred to north tyneside. If so how long until you get your first appointment and are many people turned down for surgery as my doctor told me the funding has changed and they can do the surgery without applying for funding. sorry if i am babbling very excited about being referred took me 6 years before anyone would take me serious. x x x :p

Hi Susie and :welcome2: to minis.

Sorry I can't answer your specific questions about the procedure for your area. I'm sure someone in the know will come along soon to give you some information. In the meantine have a look at BOSPA NHS FUNDING INFO here . It may be worth calling your PCT to ask for details of the current criteria.
Goodluk on the rest of your journey
xxx

thanks very much will do. Its good to hear that so many of you have managed to get surgery or well on the way to getting it. I dint even know i was eligible until last week then went straight to docs and put on reductil id already tried orli. But came off it as had bad side affect i was quiet frightened to take them but doctor said i had to try. Went back and seen another doc and she referred me. Its wrong that the docs give these drugs out and they can cause major complications and make you really ill. Ive never felt so ill. Its nice to know that so many of you have been through what I'm going through and have got some hope that their is light at the end of the tunnel.

im in south tyneside, theres a few ppl on here north tyne side, im sure they will reply soon.

liz x

do u want a band or a bypass ?

i was hoping for the band as it is reversible if anything goes wrong and it is a safer procedure

Last edited:
Hi Susie, welcome to Mini's

Hi and welcome to Minis....I remember the date my GP referred me and I thought I had died and gone to heaven....now 8 months later I have settled into my bypass and over three stone lighter...good luck chick...do your research and read up on everyones stories...I started out wanting the band and changed it to a bypass in the end...xx

thanks very much for the advice. I feel like Ive never been off web since i was referred lol. Just trying to do as much research as possible. And thanks to this forum i have learnt a lot.

susie a few of the girls are meeting up for a coffee and a chat on feb 28th in the metrocentre if you would like to come along and join us your very welcome to come along .

Back