• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just called my pct

pandora

finding my way again !
Thought I would phone to see how often they met , which is monthly . Only problem is my name is not on their data base :'( . Had to call my GP for my daughter so I asked if the forms had been sent off , the system says they have been completed but not if they had been sent , she was going to find out from doctor .
Feel deflated to say the least !

oh pandora how disheartening for you :(
it gets on my nerves, they dont realise the rollercoaster we are on, good luck honey :) xxx

They just don't realise how much this means to people !!!
Keep strong hun you will get there soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Of for goodness sake. Hope it's a positive answer. Why do these Dr's think they have the right to dictate our lives. I'd make an appointment to ask him if he's sent it off yet and if he hasn't I'd book an appointment every week to ask until he gets so fed up with you that he sends it off.

Kate x

When I saw him first he must of sent the forms off quick cos a week later I had to go back to see him cos he'd done it wrong ( think I could be his first ) so I'll be surprised if he hadn't sent them . Am seeing him tomorrow with my daughter so I can ask him then .
To top it all there are now Xmas ructions which I feel partly to blame . Generally not a good morning , feel like crying .

Oh Cheryl ... it may be that they have sent them & it just doesn't show on their system. Hope they get back to you with more positive news. :) Stop blaming yourself for everything that goes wrong, too. Chill ... things have a habit of working out for the best, mwah xxx :)

oh cheryl as twinkle says thing do have a way of working out for the best i know how you feel but when you see the doc tommorow hopefully he has sent the referall off and its just not on the system yet, good luck hunny sending you fertual hugs, xxxx

Oh Cheryl,

No wonder your other post says you're pi**ed off!

As has been said, it's entirely possible the forms have been sent off - in fact, it's quite likely that they're sitting in a pile of received post at the PCT waiting for someone to put the information on the database! They should have some details of you from your previous forms (even if they were sent back for being filled in wrongly!) and should use the original date as when you.applied - if you're lucky!

Chin up,

Tatiana

I know, they get on your nerves!!! All I can say, is don't give up.... I mithered dietician and my GP every week to make sure everything was done. Up to now I have been given funding for my first consultation???

Chin up.

Sarah xxxx

It is sooo annoying when there seems no reassurance. Really hope this gets sorted for you soon. Heres a (((big hug))) for you xxx

What I am worried about is not being reviewed in Dec because that is also their criteria review date & as I am only just the right bmi it would be my luck the put the bmi requirements up :(

oh pandora how disheartening for you :(
it gets on my nerves, they dont realise the rollercoaster we are on, good luck honey :) xxx

Ain't that a fact :sigh::(

pandora said:
What I am worried about is not being reviewed in Dec because that is also their criteria review date & as I am only just the right bmi it would be my luck the put the bmi requirements up :(

That was my worry with my pct. They were meant to change it in October. But now it's delayed. Yay!! So still following NICE guidelines.

However, my pct often find under the pct criteria the hospital is under and not their own :s

So I am lost as to whether I will be funded.

I really feel for you or anyone else who gets caught up in referral and pct mix ups. The emotional and stress impact is huge!

Good luck to us all! :)

* fund not find! Damn iPhone! Lol

Fuffs said:
That was my worry with my pct. They were meant to change it in October. But now it's delayed. Yay!! So still following NICE guidelines.

However, my pct often find under the pct criteria the hospital is under and not their own :s

So I am lost as to whether I will be funded.

I really feel for you or anyone else who gets caught up in referral and pct mix ups. The emotional and stress impact is huge!

Good luck to us all! :)

Fuffs,

If your PCT fund outside their own guidelines and it were to exclude you on those grounds then you'd likely be successful if you lodged a complaint against them - the whole point of having guidelines/referral criteria is so everyone who lives in the PCT is treated the same not based on the hospital they attend.

It's the reverse of a patient choosing to go outside of area to a hospital that is in an area with more favourable criteria - you wouldn't be allowed to so why should the PCT be allowed to change criteria to suit them.

Tatiana

Tatiana said:
Fuffs,

If your PCT fund outside their own guidelines and it were to exclude you on those grounds then you'd likely be successful if you lodged a complaint against them - the whole point of having guidelines/referral criteria is so everyone who lives in the PCT is treated the same not based on the hospital they attend.

It's the reverse of a patient choosing to go outside of area to a hospital that is in an area with more favourable criteria - you wouldn't be allowed to so why should the PCT be allowed to change criteria to suit them.

Tatiana

I was thinking that! I was told by my pct if I had gone to a different hospital it would be different. But they couldnt tell me what hospital that would be :s

So I told my surgeon and he said he will apply directly to South Birmingham (who I am under, who follow NICE guidelines) instead of Birmingham East & North who the hospital is under.

So if I get turned down by SBPCT funding me under BENPCT's criteria, I will kick off and complain ASAP x

Fuffs,

This came up before from the point of soneone who didn't meet their PCT's funding criteria suggesting they were going to ask to be referred to a hospital in a different PCT area through the NHS Choices scheme thinking they would then get the funding from that PCT.

As I have an NHS background I mentioned this was not going to give them the answer they wanyed as the hospital would apply to their PCT for the funding. This was backed up by another site member who works for a PCT and agreed.

As your surgeon is going to apply to your PCT (and I presume you fit their funding criteria) I think you should be on stronger ground for getting funding.

Tatiana

Tatiana said:
Fuffs,

This came up before from the point of soneone who didn't meet their PCT's funding criteria suggesting they were going to ask to be referred to a hospital in a different PCT area through the NHS Choices scheme thinking they would then get the funding from that PCT.

As I have an NHS background I mentioned this was not going to give them the answer they wanyed as the hospital would apply to their PCT for the funding. This was backed up by another site member who works for a PCT and agreed.

As your surgeon is going to apply to your PCT (and I presume you fit their funding criteria) I think you should be on stronger ground for getting funding.

Tatiana

Yeah south Brum still follow NICE guidelines. I am under them and was referred with a BMI of 48.8 or similar. That puts me firmly in their guidelines. I have been under weight management at my gp's, hospital and the hospitals community WM. The surgeon put in the application that I have shown a commitment to my weight loss and I am an ideal candidate for WLS.

So fingers crossed! X

Thanks for all your info. It helps me loads. My GP told me they have links with Heartlands hence why they refer there. I will be put out if they try and assess me on another PCT's criteria!

They won't use a different area criteria even if the hospital is in that area as it's where you live that matters for funding matters.

I'm sure you'll be fine but have to be patient, it's barely 2 weeks since you were referred - like us gaining the weight in the first place, these things take their time!

Tatiana

My impatience comes from the fact that I have been messed around loads. I have had all types of rubbish info given to me. I don't believe anything anymore until I get it in black and white. I have only got this way through fighting my hospital on the rubbish they have been feeding me. I was referred Dec 2009. My friend who was referred 11 months after me (same GP's and hospital) had her op in March.

So though I am usually patient, it sea to have ran out lol

Back